Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

Maybe it's the Indian Summer but I've never seen do many butterflies around the garden here. They keep coming into the house though. I swear I've put the same one out three times today already.
From my shed, I can see another butterfly in the house. I guess I'd better go in and rescue it before the cat or dog notices

From my shed, I can see another butterfly in the house. I guess I'd better go in and rescue it before the cat or dog notices

When I was walking in the bog last week I saw a number of Dragonflies flying around.

My house is only 500m from where I saw them but they never venture out here.

Smashing the work out at the moment. As I mentioned elsewhere, last week was rough but the payday will be good (on that, I got some vindication from an American lad on a smoke break who asked "what are these guys you're with like? Really?". So our issues were seen by others and therefore me and my guys don't look like idiots. "Over promised and under delivered" is a phrase I heard a few times last week.

This week is a lot more varied, and cool. Todays client buying us pints and making sure we get 5* hotel food. And paying way more than my bread and butter work.

Generally I feel good, I just hope I don't lose the run of meself.

Smashing the work out at the moment. As I mentioned elsewhere, last week was rough but the payday will be good (on that, I got some vindication from an American lad on a smoke break who asked "what are these guys you're with like? Really?". So our issues were seen by others and therefore me and my guys don't look like idiots. "Over promised and under delivered" is a phrase I heard a few times last week.

This week is a lot more varied, and cool. Todays client buying us pints and making sure we get 5* hotel food. And paying way more than my bread and butter work.

Generally I feel good, I just hope I don't lose the run of meself.
How do I get a job building sets for the movies?

Or better yet, just painting the fuckers?

How do I get a job building sets for the movies?

Or better yet, just painting the fuckers?

No movie work at the moment. And I don't build them, I help. This week and last were corporate presentations, a particular type of trade show, and a fashion shoot I think. Netflix and others spent loads of money a couple of years ago on "content", which was a golden age for not very good people. £400/day to sit around set.

Those people are not around now that actual work is happening. But all us mediocre but humble people remain.

But it is The Season for corporate shows.

To answer your question, in my case, show interest, listen and learn on every job, don't be a prick, be genuine, don't shit on anyone even when you know they're wrong. They're always hiring, if you have a CV or portfolio or something.

Bought myself a pair of budget desktop pc speakers (Creative Pebble Plus) and can't believe I didn't think of this before. A big quality of life improvement for working from home.

I moaned at aerlingus enough that they’ll give Hives and I €900 each for flight mixups last month.
Now to spend it on unnecessary crap.

clearing out some old documentation, came across an old rabobank statement. i'd forgotten i had an account with them (the statement is from 2006).
rang them.
'sir, i can confirm there's a balance of €1,400 in that account'.

chocolate digestives are on me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back