Minor Pleasures (5 Viewers)

Fucking hazelnuts man. Why. It's a nut in search of a purpose.
It's not even a proper nut.

Don't they put hazelnuts in ice cream too?

Let's get something that tastes nice, and add hazelnuts. No.

They do a similar thing in America with cinnamon. Just, no.

Wispas aren't broken lads. There's nothing here to fix.

When i'm having meusli in the morning i usually eat a hazelnut before i put the milk in because i like them.
Was not aware of hazelnut wispa gold
you have not lived

fresh hazelnuts are just great. don't judge hazelnuts by what you can buy in a packet; straight off the tree they're lovely and crisp.
the hairy triangle lads?

Oh wait a second. I might be thinking of something else here. What are those hairy spiky lads, that taste like absolute death. They'd be in a spiky jacket sort of thing, and there'd be two nut things in there what would have a triangular cross section.

They tasted like the driest thing on the planet.

edit, I might have been getting them mixed up with Beach nuts. Carry on.

you have not lived

I love hazelnut but whatever way they flavour bars with hazelnut always gives me a weird queasy feeling afterwards. If we’re talking hazelnut, it’s hard to beat a Ferrero Rocher or a spoonful of Nutella.

when i lived in phibsboro, i collected hazelnuts from the turkish hazel trees in blessington basin once. kilos of them. i was getting som strange looks from people, quite a few stopped to chat to ask what i was doing.

when i lived in phibsboro, i collected hazelnuts from the turkish hazel trees in blessington basin once. kilos of them. i was getting som strange looks from people, quite a few stopped to chat to ask what i was doing.

I remember those.
Mad looking yokes.

There was a spanish chestnut tree near us until recently (cut down - if I had known you at the time I would have said it to you for wood scavenging purposes)..

Myself and the wife used to collect the windfall - lots of funny looks from people who had just been kicking them out of the way their whole lives without realizing what they were!

There’s so many good things growing around us that people are ignorant of (me included). We started picking rosehips a few years ago to make a paste out of them that can be used to add a really nice custardy flavour to cocktails and desserts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back