Minor Pleasures (15 Viewers)

I find I have regressed as an older gentleman

Loved Mars bars, had flings with Double Deckers. Fond of a Tiffin.

It's Snickers usually now or maybe the odd Kit-Kat
I have lost my sense of choco bar adventure

The <<<German Supermarket>>> version of posh chocolate for me. Strangely, it's dark chocolate these days. Salted caramel or mint.
That and jaffa cakes and lucozade are always in my bag. Again, I think it's an efficiency thing. Purely for emergencies where the day has been harder than expected. Space saving, and my bag is heavy enough. Sometimes I find out of date versions of Green and Black or whatever going for pennies.
Nowadays I think 20g of posh chocolate is worth more than a double decker, all in all.

My tastes have also come to appreciate the German supermarket 75% dark chocolate, though if I were choosing I'd usually favour milk.

Chocolate with nuts in it (wall, brazil, not pea), I've also found more palatable.

Wine gums though, they're my main thing.

As a teenager, I checked this bar out against other such bars, and I believe the double decker was the best value for money, in terms of calorie count.
Wibbly Wobbly Wonder, if you're buying an ice cream.

I'm skinny, so calorie count mattered to me, as a matter of efficiency and value for money. I wasn't worried about putting on weight.

It'd wreck my teeth if I had one now.

And yes, as a teenager, doing shit like that, women wanted me and men wanted to be me.
We worked out that animal bars got you the most chocolate per pound of any bar, so you could pay the same as a Yorkie but have 20% more chocolate.

I find I have regressed as an older gentleman

Loved Mars bars, had flings with Double Deckers. Fond of a Tiffin.

It's Snickers usually now or maybe the odd Kit-Kat
I have lost my sense of choco bar adventure
Tiffins are disgusting. I’m all about the Golden Crisps lately.

Creme eggs fuckin rule
Mini eggs also fuckin rule but the bags aren't big enough and I always end up buying two
Have you had those Galaxy Mini Eggs with the gold coating. I was always a regular mini eggs man but these were amazing.

Game changer. I bought these on a whim yesterday. Wow, why wasn't I told?

1cdf0961-b764-473b-88a5-ec321e15a92a.a46b901e1466e4f1a9933d701ffd6f2a.jpeg

My old phone had some kind of horror show camera that made me look like I was absolutely bollixed all the time, and I was starting to think that's just how I looked.
Like, the mirror in the jacks made me look quite nice, but I'd be on these video calls looking like a corpse to the point I more or less refused to do video calls.

Then work sent me out a newer phone, and I look fucking grand in it. It's great. I'm still avoiding video meetings, but it's genuinely a relief not to look annihilated on these call things. My inner vain bastard approves.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back