Minor Pleasures (16 Viewers)

Grand halloween night spent home alone watching tv. Episodes of Loius, Portlandia, Comedy Bang Bang, some Back To The Future doco and The Hardy Bucks Movie.

Grand halloween night spent home alone watching tv. Episodes of Loius, Portlandia, Comedy Bang Bang, some Back To The Future doco and The Hardy Bucks Movie.
Welcome to my world buddy!

I'd say I ate more sweets than you though

was in the UK at the weekend and got chatting to this lad at a gig about music. Knew his stuff so we were talking for ages. Anyway, John Peel was mentioned and he told me he was in a band in the 70s that had a single and that Peel played a bit.

This is the band. Turns out the song is very good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Decent people.

I've lately had dealings with a load of people, instead of existing in my own cocoon. The pricks here genuinely stopped me jacking in music, one of Bitch Falcon saved our band rehearsal on Thursday when there was no onus on them to do so. Family members, especially the old man and my granny and her sisters and especially of all my son, who blew away my sleep-deprived hungover state on Sunday after the Cuala win by getting me to teach him the drums, eating his dinner and spending the rest of the time taking the piss and laughing his head off.
Today I did a favour for another band and got a very appreciative response. Had a laugh with the lads I work with.

There's so many good people. I'ma gonna try never forget that when I'm in bad yumer, as me nan calls it.

bah, thats my old team yis bet yis bastards

bah

They put up a good display (save for gifting Cuala a goal) and they're going in the right direction. They were unfortunate to meet a really fantastic team. Oisin Gough had Danny Sutcliffe in his pocket. But they say you gotta lose one to win one and Cuala lost 3 (or was it 4?) years ago and Saturday was their day. There's plenty of reasons why Judes could win it next year. A good club with very decent supporters.

They put up a good display (save for gifting Cuala a goal) and they're going in the right direction. They were unfortunate to meet a really fantastic team. Oisin Gough had Danny Sutcliffe in his pocket. But they say you gotta lose one to win one and Cuala lost 3 (or was it 4?) years ago and Saturday was their day. There's plenty of reasons why Judes could win it next year. A good club with very decent supporters.
dunno, theres talk a lot of our lads are off travelling next year so it might be moreso a long-term thing for us.

Cuala are gonna dominate for a few years I reckon. Savage team, and none of them going anywhere for a long time.

dunno, theres talk a lot of our lads are off travelling next year so it might be moreso a long-term thing for us.

Cuala are gonna dominate for a few years I reckon. Savage team, and none of them going anywhere for a long time.

Yep, as long as they stay together and keep the work ethic they could do phenomenal things.

The 1994 team had Vinny Holden, aged 40, in the full back line, by contrast.

That'd be a shame for that to happen to that Judes team. Some lovely hurlers, some real warriors in there and they play the game in the right spirit. No dirty strokes, no giving up and no whinging.

[QUOTE="CinnamonBoy, post: 1640010, member: 4979". Some lovely hurlers, some real warriors in there and they play the game in the right spirit. No dirty strokes, no giving up and no whinging.[/QUOTE]

I claim that as my legacy. Those are the virtues I drilled into them when I was training them.

kind words though, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back