Minor Pleasures (33 Viewers)

Saw loads of kids on North Strand earlier with their tracksuits covered in black grease. I imagine there's a few cowboy mechanics happy to see their beyond-repair tirepits being diminished.
saw loads around there as well. Their bonfire is over by spencer dock, and its MASSIVE. Its there every year. There must have been around 50 young lads (and the odd young wan in amongst them). Have to say, the whole bonfire thing is dangerous and all, but it looked like these lads were fairly disciplined looking and were working well together. Good life experience for them. Shame the council will probably have it pulled down before they get to light it.

Will the council intervene in that situation?

I'd imagine they'd be bricked out of it, as it were.
Scutter ain't kidding about the military precision. When moving their stash over the past few weeks they've been lighting decoy fires to get the fire brigade and attention elsewhere.

Oh and yes, the council will intervene if they can.

Scutter ain't kidding about the military precision. When moving their stash over the past few weeks they've been lighting decoy fires to get the fire brigade and attention elsewhere.

Oh and yes, the council will intervene if they can.

► VIDEO: Bonfire battles on Dublin's streets

The IT going a bit Vice on the "bonfire battles". There's even feuding between rival areas so as to pilfer as much of their hidden pallet/tire stashes.

Will the council intervene in that situation?

I'd imagine they'd be bricked out of it, as it were.
it'll be a garda-led operation. I was driving by one year when they tried to pull it down. It was maybe the day before halloween. The kids ended up lighting it rather than letting them take it away. Then it has to be extinguished before it gets dismantled.

Halloween is a fuckin nightmare for the emergency services. Best of luck to them all.

I remember it like it was yesterday

17602723-17602725-large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back