Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

Well, you probably wouldn't fully enjoy if you're not 100%.

I'm only 50/50 that I'm actually gonna go cause I'm still feeling a bit weak after being sick yesterday. I'm booked in for a haircut in this amazing place though and I reckon that might tip me over into going.

Oh and Goblin are playing.

Relapse Records is excited to share "Requiem For X," the first track from Goblin Rebirth's upcoming self-titled album (due June 30, 2015). The group (which features members of Italian film score figureheads Goblin) has made the track available to stream or embed from Soundcloud and YouTube. "The song is a prayer... It starts very sad, but it builds to become furious in the end," guitarist Giacomo Anselmi says. "It tells the story of the death of a goblin. Fabio (Pignatelli) arranged the entire song. A child was supposed to sing the whistle melody at the beginning, but we changed it -- we didn't want another 'School at Night.' It's unbelievable, a continuous crescendo until the song stops. That's the moment when X dies."

The group has also revealed an album trailer to give fans a taste of what to expect of the record, which is available to stream or embed HERE.

Inspired by the legendary Goblin, the 1970's horror-synth / film score icons responsible for such soundtracks as Suspiria, Zombi and Tenebre, Goblin Rebirth came together after a temporary reformation of the original group in 2009. The new incarnation of the group contains the famed rhythm section of the original Goblin (drummer Agostino Marangolo and bassist Fabio Pignatelli, who both played on the classic soundtracks to Zombi/Dawn of the Dead, Suspria, Profondo Rosso/Deep Red and more), with the addition of Aidan Zammit and Danilo Cherni on keyboards and Giacomo Anselmi on guitar.

The band formed in 2010 and started with a live repertoire of Goblin hits and some unusual songs from more obscure Goblin soundtracks. The band members soon began creating new material and decided to look to the future, creating songs that grew out of an organic process, through a combination of individual compositions and jam sessions.

Now the first new recordings from Goblin Rebirth will see the light of day via Relapse this summer. The group's debut album was mixed and produced by bassist Fabio Pignatelli. Tracks were recorded at the various members' personal studios, while the drums were recorded in Trani, at Scuola Sul Mare Studios. The album was mastered by Bob Fix at BobFixMastering. Guest musicians on the album include Arnaldo Vacca on percussion and Roberta Lombardini on vocals.

The music from this new album is to be performed at festivals in Italy starting in May 2015, and there are plans for live performances in other countries in the following months.
Pre-Order 'Goblin Rebirth' From Relapse Records HERE

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back