Minor Pleasures (29 Viewers)

Happy Walpurgisnacht tonight!

On the top of the tomb, seemingly driven through the solid marble—for the structure was composed of a few vast blocks of stone—was a great iron spike or stake. On going to the back I saw, graven in great Russian letters:

'The dead travel fast.'

There was something so weird and uncanny about the whole thing that it gave me a turn and made me feel quite faint. I began to wish, for the first time, that I had taken Johann's advice. Here a thought struck me, which came under almost mysterious circumstances and with a terrible shock. This was Walpurgis Night!

Walpurgis Night, when, according to the belief of millions of people, the devil was abroad—when the graves were opened and the dead came forth and walked. When all evil things of earth and air and water held revel. This very place the driver had specially shunned. This was the depopulated village of centuries ago. This was where the suicide lay; and this was the place where I was alone—unmanned, shivering with cold in a shroud of snow with a wild storm gathering again upon me! It took all my philosophy, all the religion I had been taught, all my courage, not to collapse in a paroxysm of fright.

I was feeling a bit rubbish, but my work friends are adding loads of new music to a spotify playlist for me and I'm listening to nice things I've never heard before and its nice. <3

also one of the design guys brought this back from the mosque for me, out of the blue after recommending it to me this morning :D BEST DAY!

tumblr_nnmg0pmqIZ1qz9zvfo1_540.jpg

also one of the design guys brought this back from the mosque for me, out of the blue after recommending it to me this morning :D BEST DAY!

tumblr_nnmg0pmqIZ1qz9zvfo1_540.jpg
great tin

what is it though?

i heard you can get fillet steak cheap at the mosque shop cos they don't particularly like that bit of the cow

great tin

what is it though?

i heard you can get fillet steak cheap at the mosque shop cos they don't particularly like that bit of the cow

Its just harissa paste!! I've never actually been down to the mosque, even though I'm literally around the corner. Apparently they do pretty nice hot food

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back