Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

In Intel in Leixlip they have walk on the left lanes like it was a road. And you have to wear your Intel backpack with both straps on your shoulders, never slung over one shoulder. Hellworld stuff.
Here was me thinking "man it's great I have the kind of job where I've never had to deal with this shit" but ... Intel? WTF??

I'm really into this village living thing, I think.

Aul fellas just walk over to your house and have a chat. Then after a long enough time, someone else gets noticed, they formally introduce you, and they wander off to continue the chat with them.

There's wildly differing interpretations of reality, history, and events between different people. But you can average out a kind of aggregate reality. Then you get the advice, tips, and special secret advice that no one else needs to know about. All you have to do is shut your face, and listen: endless knowledge.

I'm really into this village living thing, I think.

Aul fellas just walk over to your house and have a chat. Then after a long enough time, someone else gets noticed, they formally introduce you, and they wander off to continue the chat with them.

There's wildly differing interpretations of reality, history, and events between different people. But you can average out a kind of aggregate reality. Then you get the advice, tips, and special secret advice that no one else needs to know about. All you have to do is shut your face, and listen: endless knowledge.

You'll really need to get good at the "nod and walk" if you ever want to get anything done or are in a rush. Acknowledge their existance but never break stride or look like you're going to engage in anything longer than "hello," they;ll suck the time out of you if even hint that you can chat.

I love living in a quiet, friendly community, but sometimes I just want to get back indoors quickly or get home with the dog.

All you have to do is shut your face, and listen
Extra bonus points if you remember what they said last time, and ask them about it. I never understood how to do this small talk business until I was maybe 45. I'm still not great at it, but I can do it now, and actually have chilled the fuck out enough to enjoy it (some of the time anyway)

A an episode of the serial they shows us on movie day in primary school is on you tube. The Boy With Two Heads

Finished the current job some three hours before time. Actually we could've done it 3 days early if we were bothered. So a no stress but still productive week. Which was good because my back is jiggered (see complaints thread).

As I was getting my stuff the client said "We need to sign off. We're signing off in the pub. See you there".

Much bants. Hopefully more cushty interesting work.

Finished the current job some three hours before time. Actually we could've done it 3 days early if we were bothered. So a no stress but still productive week. Which was good because my back is jiggered (see complaints thread).

As I was getting my stuff the client said "We need to sign off. We're signing off in the pub. See you there".

Much bants. Hopefully more cushty interesting work.

That sounds like a great job and job people to deal with. Nice

That sounds like a great job and job people to deal with. Nice
Yes, it is, I've been trying to get on that gravy train for a while. I'm getting my normal rate, but the clients' freelancers are getting more than double what they normally get, which makes them a lot easier to work with. The clients clients clients client is willing to spend the money. It won't last forever but it's nice for now.

I just got dropped in for a few days at the end of the job, which was a six month ting. Most of the job sounded pretty stressy and horrible. I heard about it in a roundabout way from people I don't even work with, such was the legend of this mare of a job. Maybe that's why the end bit was so chill.

I'd still be into doing more of it though, it's cool shit.

Missing a weekly shop-run and making a passable meal out of whatever shite is left in the house, also managing to perfectly empty the bits that are there rather than anything getting chucked.

Veggie burger and egg burrito anyone?!

Missing a weekly shop-run and making a passable meal out of whatever shite is left in the house, also managing to perfectly empty the bits that are there rather than anything getting chucked.

Veggie burger and egg burrito anyone?!
I used to force myself to do that once in a while, it forces you to get rid of things. There's always enough food, you just have to dig it out of the corner of the cupboard.

Half a bag of split barley, some onions, garlic, frozen peas and some dodgy looking spuds.

Buckle up children.

Why don’t they just use those ones that have a fastener in them that open when they’re tugged on like in hospitals (so a violent patient can’t choke you to death).
They can't afford to give those out to thieving feckless pricks like me. It is, all in all, health and safety gone mad etc., but as I said I like that they try to treat everyone the same. But then the people enforcing it are people who've never seen an oil rig or anything more physical than a trip to Ikea.

Anyway, just went down to the local shop. Bought some cigarettes. They gave me the cigarettes and then went "oh yeah, you dropped these the other day"*, and gave me another nearly full pack of cigarettes. I was last there three days ago, with different staff there at the time.

*They didn't say that, they're Sri Lankan so I think that's what they meant. But hey, pretty sound of them.

Says a lot about the state of my head that I didn't notice that I'd lost a pack of smokes.

Support your local businesses lads.

You like Rhubarb? - I've been supplying it to the oulfella for his blood pressure. Once you plant it it just kinda returns to the garden every year
Found a bag of frozen rhubarb in tesco at the weekend. First time seeing any since this post.

Chucking a load into the nutribullets. Cant taste it at all so far over all the other dirt in there.

Found a bag of frozen rhubarb in tesco at the weekend. First time seeing any since this post.

Chucking a load into the nutribullets. Cant taste it at all so far over all the other dirt in there.
It's a little out of season at the minute, the fresh stuff will be along in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back