Minor Pleasures (5 Viewers)

There's a house around here that has a border hedge made completely with some form of ferns, I assume to protect against the strong winds and sea air. It looks pretty cool and they have a big crop garden going on as well. They're not right by the sea like you are though.

You can kind of see it here although the "hedge" is even bigger right now

this one? yeah thats rely cool.

Untitled.jpg

this one? yeah thats rely cool.

View attachment 15441
You should see the inside of the house!

merlin_137783031_85a72dac-32b6-489c-b025-19df337ee1f4-superJumbo.jpg

i've been meaning to try making cider with some rhubarb juice as an ingredient; i tasted a cider from one of the smaller producers (can't remember who now, unfortunately) which had used rhubarb as an ingredient and it was lovely.

i've been meaning to try making cider with some rhubarb juice as an ingredient; i tasted a cider from one of the smaller producers (can't remember who now, unfortunately) which had used rhubarb as an ingredient and it was lovely.

Have had a rhubarb soured beer and my lord it was both sour and delicious

stuff that might survive in a garden that's on the sea?
You could copy Sceilg's homework, anything out there has got to be hardy.

"Much of Sceilg Mhichíl is composed of poorly vegetated habitats such as sea cliffs and exposed rock. The vegetation that does occur is typical of highly exposed maritime conditions, limited by thin soil, steep ground, salt spray and high winds. Common plant species include thrift, sea campion and rock sea-spurrey, with patches of red fescue, dock and sea mayweed occurring frequently. Lavelle (1976) recorded 38 species of higher plant." Couple of pretty things in that list.

Not sure which thread to post this in, pleasures or complaints.

I went to a pub, not to watch a band (a swing band afaik) specifically but to meet herself. By the time I got there she had moved on to the third best pub in the world.

So I went there, last orders had happened, and some of the band were there, getting smashed.
Then one of them whipped out a trumpet, another whipped out a saxophone. All of a sudden I'm listening to a saxophone version of "Rocky Road to Dublin". It's an Irish pub, and it was as daft as your imagination can imaginate.

I got called into the office for Manual Handling Training. No pay, but ok, I guess you guys have paperwork and rules you need to adhere to.

I got there and discovered a couple of hours in, that NO, it's not Manual Handling Training, it's Training the Trainers to teach Manual Handling Training. There'll be a closed book exam and you'll have to do a ten minute presentation. Ten minutes to talk about lifting a box?!!

I did pass, so that's why it goes in this thread. I'm one of those instructor day-course guys now apparently. But I had no idea that's what I was getting into.

I have to say though, the stress was immense. I nearly puked. If that's how all those kids who bullied me in school felt while I was at school whenever an exam they were ill-prepared for came up, I want to find them and give them a big hug. It was awful. Awful.

Still, end of the day, minor pleasure. If you need someone to tell you how you're doing that wrong, I'm your man. I have parchment to prove it.

Plus, it is an infinitely transferable qualification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back