Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

Your meds will probably preclude you, my epilepsy medication means I can’t donate.
I went to donate and I was told no thanks because I'd spent too long up North. In the UK too long and I was not wanted because of the BSE risk. It would have been handy because they do it where I work, I could do it over lunch or just walk down if I had some free time.

BSE seems mad quaint these days now that I'm thinking about it.

I’m close to my 20th donation now but stopping for a year or two. I felt like shit after the last 3 times but it’s probably just age.
When I was in college I mainly did it for the tea, snacks and free pens.

I’m close to my 20th donation now but stopping for a year or two. I felt like shit after the last 3 times but it’s probably just age.
When I was in college I mainly did it for the tea, snacks and free pens.
they could have cleaned up in college now that I think about it. I wonder why they didn't bother with us.

Or maybe they did and didn't put up enough signs.

Is that still the craic in college, sticking up paper signs announcing everything? Or has facebook fucked that up too.

i went to UCD in the mid to late 90s, so that formed my opinion of what universities should look like. go walking around DCU, and it looks nothing like what a university should look like. not a single poster. it's just a bland business campus.

Mine was also a Jesuit training college, so most of the flyers were about Mass times.

i went to UCD in the mid to late 90s, so that formed my opinion of what universities should look like. go walking around DCU, and it looks nothing like what a university should look like. not a single poster. it's just a bland business campus.
I suspected it might.

The paper signs had a point. Like, if you were arranging something you'd be traipsing about with stupid bits of paper, sticking them up in the usual spots, and they would be seen by everyone for a couple of days. You'd keep getting another go at getting new people involved.

I feel that it would be difficult to generate that dynamic with... I dunno what they use I suppose. Presumably some announcements portal shite.

I went to donate and I was told no thanks because I'd spent too long up North. In the UK too long and I was not wanted because of the BSE risk. It would have been handy because they do it where I work, I could do it over lunch or just walk down if I had some free time.

BSE seems mad quaint these days now that I'm thinking about it.
The UK doesn't preclude you anymore.

Mine was also a Jesuit training college, so most of the flyers were about Mass times.
My condolences. Jesus.

There was a seminary in Maynooth. Technically.

A mate of mine used to dress up as a seminary student / priest (black robes and shit), wander about the place with a grubby bag of sweets offering them to people, seminary students ideally, and asking them if their little brothers or sisters would like a special one on one religious education lesson later.

It was deeply offensive. I pretty much hero worshiped him from that point on.

a friend went to maynooth, and she was saying that it used to be a point of pride among the female students to 'bag' a seminary student. i suspect the guys who managed it kept a bit quieter about that.

Oh yeah? This was in the US about... heh, I suppose three years ago now.

At the time they said we know this is stupid, but thems the rules, we're gonna change them probably. Now fuck off you filthy West Brit mud blood.
Ah,I was referring to ireland i lived in belfast for 30 years.

Ours was a much, much smaller College but the Priests/Seminarians were grand. I went to a few house parties at their place and the drinks cabinet was always well stocked and knacker drinking in the grounds of the college with them meant the security guards didn’t kick us out as quickly.
Thinking back now though, I can only remember one of them actually making it all the way Ordination.

Ah,I was referring to ireland i lived in belfast for 30 years.
oh yeah, no in the US they asked me if I'd even been to the UK.

I told them that the North is technically UK, so if that counted I'd been there a fair bit. And that was the end of my blood / plasma donation career.

Kind of felt a bit dirty afterwards.

I think they asked a load of other anxiety inducing questions, like "are you a gayboy who can't get enough cock", or some derivation of. And I put in a load of winky faces and a splash emoji for that one.

a friend went to maynooth, and she was saying that it used to be a point of pride among the female students to 'bag' a seminary student. i suspect the guys who managed it kept a bit quieter about that.
A few of them seminary types were clearly taking the piss though.

Like there were lads in their thirties, stoners, going to after parties looking for gear. You'd only get a notion that they might be seminary students because they didn't appear to have to do anything, ever. At all. Less than Arts students possibly. Us dickheads studying maths or whatever looked like monks in comparison. Sitting alone in drafty buildings for hours, writing arcane symbols on bits of paper.

I'm not sure what you had to do be given the boot from the seminary, but some of the lads were investigating.

There were a few Americans who'd fetch into the place, out holying the teachers. A subset of them would have a crisis, realise they too love The Cock, get all dramatic about it, and fuck off back to the US to think about things.

There was a seminary in Maynooth. Technically.
There still is. You see them around the place occasionally but there are essentially homeopathic levels of priests in Maynooth now.

i suspect the guys who managed it kept a bit quieter about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back