Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

I was googling there to see what generation I belong to e.g. x,y,z or whatever and it turns out I'm a Xennial. So cool.
So is that the same as "Geriatric Millenial"? I prefer the term Xennial tbh, of which I am also one.

I can use internets, but I also know how a fax machine works.

Most people I know who are about my age and so classed as Millenials really don't see themselves that way. In fact if you were to refer to any of us as a Millenial you would receive a curt "fuck you, cunt" in response. That doesn't seem like a Millenial thing to say.

"In internet folklore, xennials are those born between 1977 and 1983", according to The Guardian

December 1983 here, which puts me within the last weeks of Xennial, so I guess I'm somewhere in between Xennial and Millenial, I think I need a new term.

Herself just shaved my head. A few minor pleasures here.

- She just shaved my head
- SHE just shaved my head
- When I collected the clippers I got to chat to my in-laws, who I like, for the first time in 6000 years, from just over two metres away.
- The clippers come with an instructional video. As in an actual VHS video. We didn't watch it as the VHS doesn't have a USB port for some reason. But, reassuring to know she's been using these clippers for a while.

Look into it. If it's changed for me,the maybe you can now ?
Jaundice is a mild form of hepatitis virus.
So what I've just read says If jaundice had a known cause e.g. medication, there are exceptions so it's not a blanket ban but I'll ask my doctor.
But a 45 year old on anti psychotic meds and who's had jaundice probably isn't much good to them

Jaundice is a mild form of hepatitis virus.
jaundice is the visible yellowish coloration of your skin/sclera, it's the result of some medical condition that's causing build up of some chemical (bilirubin apparantly) to the extent it's visible in your skin and eyes. A medical condition that's like liver failure.

It's an outcome though. Breaking the speed limit is the result of going down a hill too fast or running an engine too hard. It's an outcome. It doesn't say anything about how you got there.

It's possible that it's caused by liver function being reduced as a result of Hep, but it could be any number of other things. You shouldn't presume you've got Hep if you have jaundice. (Although Jaundace can be an outcome of having a hepatitis infection.)

jaundice is the visible yellowish coloration of your skin/sclera, it's the result of some medical condition that's causing build up of some chemical (bilirubin apparantly) to the extent it's visible in your skin and eyes. A medical condition that's like liver failure.

It's an outcome though. Breaking the speed limit is the result of going down a hill too fast or running an engine too hard. It's an outcome. It doesn't say anything about how you got there.

It's possible that it's caused by liver function being reduced as a result of Hep, but it could be any number of other things. You shouldn't presume you've got Hep if you have jaundice. (Although Jaundace can be an outcome of having a hepatitis infection.)
OK. Thanks for clearing that up.
I got Jaudice in 1984 and was out of school for 3 weeks. My brother then quickly got it and then my father who was very sick with it.
It was the only time I saw him really sick until his late 60's.
Anyway most of my knowledge of jaundice comes from when I was 8 so not surprised if a few things weren't accurate.
It didn't cause any of us any lasting problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back