Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

I walked over an M7 motorway bridge last night about 50 minutes drive north of Limerick.
for every 10 cars going back towards Limerick (and parts of Cork) their was only about one going northbound.
the Limerick hurlers should record a street punk record to celebrate their success under the name Sham 21

I walked over an M7 motorway bridge last night about 50 minutes drive north of Limerick.
for every 10 cars going back towards Limerick (and parts of Cork) their was only about one going northbound.
drove to cork on sunday evening, and there was me before we left thinking 'sure the roads heading to cork will be nice and quiet on a sunday evening'

I was listening to The Rolling Stones Hot Rocks driving home from Cavan today..in honour of Charlie Watts and the music did move me profoundly. What a fucking band.

Made me miss playing in a band

I was listening to The Rolling Stones Hot Rocks driving home from Cavan today..in honour of Charlie Watts and the music did move me profoundly. What a fucking band.

The other day I was watching once Upon A Time In Hollywood and during the scene in which Out of Time is played in its entirety while Di Caprio is contempIating his future on the acting slag heap, and the end of his friendship with Brad Pitt, and Kurt Russell is narrating the words beautifully, well buddy, I got choked up

Went into work. I didn't know which person I'm supposed to be working for. Neither of them were there in any case so I didn't want to just jump in and find out later that I've fucked up. So instead I just told everyone I'm not feeling well and left. They all agreed I look like shit.

I'm now outside my second favourite pub having a hot chocolate.

Also my OTHER job begged me to do a couple of days that pay twice my normal rate.
Don't wanna burn any bridges, but don't wanna turn down well paid work. Good position to be in.

last week myself and a couple of friends were having an evening barbeque with a few drinks and generally just having a late-summer good old time, and we stuck on the perfect musical accompaniment to this activity, which is, of course, playing exile on main street straight through from start to finish. it was fucking amazing.

anyway we were finishing up the barbeque and I looked at my phone for the first time in a few hours to find out that charlie has just died. it felt like we’d just accidentally given him the perfect send-off before we even heard the news.

Went into work. I didn't know which person I'm supposed to be working for. Neither of them were there in any case so I didn't want to just jump in and find out later that I've fucked up. So instead I just told everyone I'm not feeling well and left. They all agreed I look like shit.

I'm now outside my second favourite pub having a hot chocolate.

Also my OTHER job begged me to do a couple of days that pay twice my normal rate.
Don't wanna burn any bridges, but don't wanna turn down well paid work. Good position to be in.
Eventually grew some balls, spoke to all involved, so an easy tomorrow, then two days with the old gang at the better rate. And The Boys Are Back In Town are playing on the jukebox.

It's very hard managing different clients. But today I think I did it. Almost dancing on my own in the beer garden.

Yeah my life is starting to sound a bit that way I think

Good luck to you.

It's mad. People mug off unreliable tradespeople, but jaysus, when there's half a dozen people phoning you wanting you here, there and everywhere....It ain't an easy thing to manage. But I think I managed it today.

Currently spending an evening sorting receipts and doing invoices. I feel like such an entrepreneur.

Good luck to you.

It's mad. People mug off unreliable tradespeople, but jaysus, when there's half a dozen people phoning you wanting you here, there and everywhere....It ain't an easy thing to manage. But I think I managed it today.

Currently spending an evening sorting receipts and doing invoices. I feel like such an entrepreneur.
Good man yourself

Good man yourself

Was chatting to one of the trade dudes today and he was in pretty much the same mindset as I was yesterday. And he's better paid, busier and more skilled than me. With more responsibility. We had a chat about exactly this thing.

He ended up giving someone a lift to her pub job at about lunchtime, just because he wanted to get out of work-space-mind-headfuck for an hour. He reappeared four hours later looking slightly ruddy of face. Which is unlike him. Anyway, at least I'm not the only one.

On the way home last night I found a wallet on the street. Looked in it, there was money in there. There was a little devil on my shoulder at that point I must admit, but nah, the copshop is just over there. So I handed it into the officer on duty. She was very efficient, found an address in the wallet in about five seconds. I'm glad I got her to do something useful and effective instead of just sitting there watching Handmaids Tale on her iPad.

Anyway, I'M A MORAL AMAZING HERO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back