Minor complaints thread (6 Viewers)

In fairness I got the ransom note letter the next day BUT STILL

It's still a majorly annoying and weird system

Do the UK people go through this?
What about people in Germany and France?

Even with the duty to be paid - there has to be a better system than this ransom hoohah

What happened to Mr. Positive?
I try to see the best in the world
But I'm not deluded about how people actually are

Being positive is recognising how hard the world is and deciding to rise above it as best you can
It's not walking around humming Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows all day

I'm warning you - because you're my friend and I want good outcomes for you - that this person was nice to you when you spoke to her, because most people want to be liked.
But people will also get weird about car insurance and all that.
Honesty is kindness.
Whatever happens will be fine. And far easier than the dentist.

Sorry you had the car accident.

Thankfully, she was really nice and said she did the same on the other side in a parking garage not too long ago.
The first time I ever drove on the roads with my leaners permit, I got rear ended. Got out of the car, all shocked and the woman who drove into me said "oh, don't worry, I do this all the time" as she reached for her chequebook.

I forgot to get a receipt for a train ticket from the machine just now. Work would have refunded it, now I don't know.

Human behind the counter said he couldn't do anything about it. As if he thinks the machine is taking his jobs. but, if he's unable to help me, then what actually is the point of him being there? It's certainly not his charisma.

Also I'm very tired.

I try to see the best in the world
But I'm not deluded about how people actually are

Being positive is recognising how hard the world is and deciding to rise above it as best you can
It's not walking around humming Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows all day

I'm warning you - because you're my friend and I want good outcomes for you - that this person was nice to you when you spoke to her, because most people want to be liked.
But people will also get weird about car insurance and all that.
Honesty is kindness.
Whatever happens will be fine. And far easier than the dentist.

Sorry you had the car accident.
She texted me last night and said after her husband washed it, it actually wasn't too bad. Looked worse than it was and took a photo and sent it on. I told her to let me know the price of getting it repaired and I'd sort it out. She told me she did something similar to the other side (but worse - as it went into door panels) last year around this time. She said they "knew a guy" who was reasonable when they got it fixed and would go to him again and give me the quote. Seems legit. I'm feel positive this will go smoothly.

She texted me last night and said after her husband washed it, it actually wasn't too bad. Looked worse than it was and took a photo and sent it on. I told her to let me know the price of getting it repaired and I'd sort it out. She told me she did something similar to the other side (but worse - as it went into door panels) last year around this time. She said they "knew a guy" who was reasonable when they got it fixed and would go to him again and give me the quote. Seems legit. I'm feel positive this will go smoothly.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was nearly finished mopping the floor at top of stairs when the mop bucket started leaking badly. I lifted it up there was hole in the bucket - insanely there was a rubber stopper in the bucket(!!!) and it had gotten dislodged.
I put a finger in the hole and ran to the toilet to empty the bucket (dear Liza).
Some of the water went down into the hallway below and I had to wash towels that mopped up the mess but it could have been much worse.
After cleaning the mess I smashed the bucket with a cement block.

A few years ago this advert for a necessary health product was removed from Irish TV:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Many of the reasons cited by those offended were openly bigoted relating to the actor / presenter being a black woman with a northern English accent.

Within a few years adverts for body hair removal products became normal on tea time TV. These products are completely unnecessary and they blatantly promote peer pressure, particularly to young people.

Classic example of "why was this allowed in the first place?"

This knobhead just showed up a week early for a job. Only realised after I'd passive-aggressively went searching for contact details etc, so now everyone knows I messed up.

I had a financial goal for the week, it's meaningless but it's just a number I wanted to hit. Recalculating for today, I am precisely 1% short of that goal. Seeing as the number means nothing really, it's a self-inflicted feeling of failure.

Within a few years adverts for body hair removal products became normal on tea time TV. These products are completely unnecessary and they blatantly promote peer pressure, particularly to young people.

Classic example of "why was this allowed in the first place?"
Pretty much everything is allowed until someone complains. If you don't like something then try and figure out if it contravenes the advertising code and complain if it does

Here's the advertising code https://www.asai.ie/wp-content/uploads/ASAI-CODE_2015_DEC15_Revision.pdf

I once got an ad banned under
the advertising code said:
Marketing communications ... should not state, depict or suggest, by word or allusion that the presence or consumption of alcohol can contribute towards sexual success or
make the drinker more attractive

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back