Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

clean it out

Just did.It wasnt the usual suspect cos I cleaned the heatsink recently..it was a layer of dustbunnies on the actual cpu that I didnt spot last time.Its running a bit cooler now.

I think I'm gonna redo the thermal paste tomorrow as well though.
This lappy is 8 year old at this stage,I'd say its well dried out

Just did.It wasnt the usual suspect cos I cleaned the heatsink recently..it was a layer of dustbunnies on the actual cpu that I didnt spot last time.Its running a bit cooler now.

I think I'm gonna redo the thermal paste tomorrow as well though.
This lappy is 8 year old at this stage,I'd say its well dried out
i was going to ask have if you'd tried blasting the fan exhaust with a can of compressed air, but if you've cleaned the heatsink I suppose you've dealt with that.

i was going to ask have if you'd tried blasting the fan exhaust with a can of compressed air, but if you've cleaned the heatsink I suppose you've dealt with that.
The inside is clean as a whistle..and its running within acceptable limits now..but it without a doubt needs new paste.
I just read it on the HP support site.
Its a fucking flyer of a lappy..I'll get another 5 years out of it if I mind it..well 2 anyway

Lets get this out of the way,

John Lewis AD 2K15

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

all boxes present and ticked

I need some thermal paste..this fucking fan is doing my head in

Had to pay customs duty on a package this morning.
Price of item being delivered: €53ish
Tax: €12.15
Charge for collecting tax: €7

€7! And they don't even accept debit cards!

€7! And they don't even accept debit cards!

That's frustration with some services like this. I remember being stung years ago whilst in France for ordering something from the US and got stung for import fees. The only way one could pay was via cheque & I hadn't everything setup bank-wise locally at that stage so I did what anyone sane Irish person would do, go to the bank to get a bank draft. Turns out bank drafts a complete foreign concept and I essentially had to sit down with the bank manager to get some sort of bank draft equivalent (via the bank's own bank a/c) for the amount of 20 odd euro in Francs.

You'd think they would have given you a phone number to pay via card and then the delivery guy just has to check if payment was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

• G
  • egg_
  • chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back