Minor complaints thread (6 Viewers)

ah the times have been annoying me lately. fuck them.

they badly need some new blood amongst their regular columnists as there increasingly pro-governments, and that simpering jesus freak breda o brien needs to get the boot.
Ah yeah but the thought of just the journal and the indo for regional news/articles is chilling. I'd pay the subscription if it was reasonable. €12 a month is a fucking joke though

That's one of the downsides of being in your mid-20s. Although I didn't realise it at the time, people aren't fully emotionally mature then. They are still making the mistakes that they will learn from and stand them in good stead later in life.
Like you said, they're not being deliberately mean, they just don't know any better.
Mostly running around fueled on adrenalin, youth and hormones.

the other element is that as you get older you tend to shed the people who cause you more trouble than the'r
Ah yeah but the thought of just the journal and the indo for regional news/articles is chilling. I'd pay the subscription if it was reasonable. €12 a month is a fucking joke though

true enough - the competition is appaling. was leafing through a copy of the herrild there today. awful rubbish.

how much is the paper in the shops?
Is it still €2? Something like that anyway. Why?

Spotify is €10, Netflix is €7, almost all other news websites are free. For me as a starting price that's a lot without adding anything new to the service. Anyone with a New York Times subscription? It's roughly the same price, yes?

Yeah but pricing themselves at the top-end of the market from the get-go when their product, in terms of the website, is some way short is a bit rich for me. Maybe I'll get onto Conor Pope about it ;0)
100s of staff including reporters and photographers around the world, secretaries, security guards, printers - all busy as bees to have a nice collection of photos and stories typed up, edited, checked (and cleared by legal people probably) available to you every day for €0.40 (or €2 or whatever it is printed and delivered to shops around the country before you've even opened your eyes). What do spotify do for their €10? Steal our music and sell it back to us.

My 2015 reading challenge is not going well.

gr.PNG

Weird back spasm this morning has resulted in a irritating back pain. WTF is happening to me. Suspected fractured elbow, bruised ribs and now this!

if they're all concurrent, maybe one is a result of the other. You tend to hold yourself weirdly when you have any rib troubles. I know because I fractured 4 ribs when I was a youngster, and I ended up with really bad neck and back pain too.

Is it still €2? Something like that anyway. Why?

Spotify is €10, Netflix is €7, almost all other news websites are free. For me as a starting price that's a lot without adding anything new to the service. Anyone with a New York Times subscription? It's roughly the same price, yes?

New York times gives you 10 stories a month free which is generally enough for me.
They usen't trigger the paywall either if you came to Krugmanns column via the link on his twitter feed - which was sound of them.

New York times gives you 10 stories a month free which is generally enough for me.
They usen't trigger the paywall either if you came to Krugmanns column via the link on his twitter feed - which was sound of them.

All you need to do is open the NY Times in Chrome's incognito window.

100s of staff including reporters and photographers around the world, secretaries, security guards, printers - all busy as bees to have a nice collection of photos and stories typed up, edited, checked (and cleared by legal people probably) available to you every day for €0.40 (or €2 or whatever it is printed and delivered to shops around the country before you've even opened your eyes). What do spotify do for their €10? Steal our music and sell it back to us.
Firstly, I should point out that their goal to invest in journalism is a commendable one and it should be apparent from my earlier posts that I think they do a good job.

Secondly, they don't have a big staff. A lot of their best articles are bought in. They use the Guardian Service a lot. Paul Krugman, Garrison Keillor columns are reprints etc.

Lastly, yes and in the theatre you have staging, lighting, costumes, cast and understudies, months of rehearsal, sound and fx and much more besides but a stand up comic with one microphone can charge the same price. I don't make the rules, it's a buyers market. I think €12 a month is a lot for something people are used to getting for free. If you disagree fair enough but enough with the high moral ground. I don't subscribe to Spotify I buy all my music but it's still a pertinent benchmark. It's a great interface with a gargantuan library and it's cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back