Minor complaints thread (6 Viewers)

I made some similar, and found that it works a bit better if you make larger chips, only use the low-cal spray oil, so you can make sure they're covered but not swimming in oil, and then lay them out on the rack in the oven rather than in a dish like so -

Sweet-Potato-Crisps-3.jpg

I got way more large scale chippies out of this
Do you do them at a high or low heat? I was thinking next time I might do them low for a while to dry them out and then turn it up high to crisp them at the end.

I tried sweet potatoes to but I hadn't them sliced thinly enough I think.

Do you do them at a high or low heat? I was thinking next time I might do them low for a while to dry them out and then turn it up high to crisp them at the end.

I tried sweet potatoes to but I hadn't them sliced thinly enough I think.

lowish heat for about 20 mins, then on high heat to crisp! My oven actually has a function for browning stuff, so I cook and then turn this on

Surfing the Internet on the phone isnot as much craic as on the lappy. It's still cool though don't get me wrong

OH! and @riath FYI ,alternators can be had from scrapyards mad cheap

I've had them go in two cars ..and if yer anywhere near Clonmel I can point you to the place to get them and the lad to fit it!

was in a scrap/breakers yard for the first time the other day, mad places. total chancers as well, i'd been quoted 20 quid for the bit i wanted, and when i got there they asked for 40.

was in a scrap/breakers yard for the first time the other day, mad places. total chancers as well, i'd been quoted 20 quid for the bit i wanted, and when i got there they asked for 40.

last time i went i landed with the tools and just walking in and took all the parts i wanted, then landed at reception. got away really cheap because i didn't disturb the talking to locals. I have a lego/mecanno type car though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back