Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

i don't know how emotive these things are meant to get... @Cornu Ammonis ? presumably you've had to do these? did you include a rendition of your fascination with the mysterious mysteries of the human brain since your days of childish wonder in the irish countryside?

always thought follicular patterns came via the maternal line so look at her father, your maternal uncles, etc, for clues
Internet says no ..or not quite..
Myth: Hair loss is passed down from your mother's side.

Not entirely true. While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get only from their mothers, other factors are also in play. The hereditary factor is slightly more dominant on the woman's side, but research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male pattern baldness than those who don't.

i've mentioned all the relevant skills but it seems they want some kind of..well.personal statement

Generating Material
(Adapted from Richard J. Stelzer’s How to Write a Winning Personal Statement for Graduate and Professional School)
1. What is special, unique, distinctive, and/or impressive about you or your life story? Try to think
about this in relation to other candidates in your field.
2. What details of your life (personal or family history, people, or events that have shaped you or
influenced your goals) might help the committee better understand you or help set you apart
from other applicants?
3. When did you become interested in this field and what have you learned about it (and about
yourself) that has further stimulated your interest and reinforce your conviction that you are well
suited to your field?
4. How have you learned about this field? Through classes, readings, work or other experiences, or
conversations with people already in the field etc.?
5. If you have worked during your grad school years, what have you learned (leadership, technical,
or managerial skills, for instance) and how has that work contributed to your growth?
6. What are your career goals?
7. Have you had to overcome any unusual obstacles or hardships in your life?
8. What personal characteristics do you possess (i.e. integrity, compassion, persistence) that would
improve your prospects for success in the field or profession? Is there a way to demonstrate that
you have these characteristics?
9. Why might you be a stronger candidate for the fellowship, job, or school program—and more
successful and effective in the profession or field—than other applicants?
10. What are the most compelling reasons you can give for the selection committee to be interested
in you?

seriously...they're literally asking for your life story...nobody ever genuinely wants your life story

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i did wonder if it might be misinterpreted when i posted it...but i thought putting 'homer simpson:' and quotation marks would clear up any confusion

and also the fact that it was the simpsons and the whole point of the bit was to make fun of homer's stupidity

Fucks sake. People who don't recognise Simpsons references have no business on social media. Trust me on this, I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.

Now my car is fixed I'm back working in the office

I find it increasingly difficult to listen to people's inane small talk

I'd sooner be home with the dog and cats coming in occasionally looking for attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back