Minor complaints thread (4 Viewers)

In fairness, since I don't share my bed I can usually get in and out without really messing it up at all. I sleep like I am in a coffin and barely move. That said, it's been so damn cold (my heating doesn't work) that I've been cocooning myself up in duvets creating a blanket mess.
Top tips for warming up your bed.

1. Hot water bottle

2. Electric Blanket

3. Turn on your side, now jog.

4. Random stranger

5. Significant other who turns in earlier than you do, it's like having a nice breathing radiator.

I like to get into a made bed. It always feels better.

I put two fresh sheets*, a fresh duvet cover and two fresh pillow cases on the bed two hours ago. Can't wait for bed tonight.

*One undersheet which I lie on, plus a second sheet which I lie under, which keeps the duvet cover (placed above the second sheet) fresher longer. Thats a tip from my Mam

Isn't that the norm? Always two sheets! Fitted for bottom, flat for top.

Really?! I only found out about them a few months ago!

I still think the duvet cover on its own (without a top sheet) is more comfortable.

Weird, I always call duvets "quilts" when speaking, but "duvets" when writing.
I referred to them as "continental quilts" recently, and the 3 girls I was talking to, burst out laughing, and looked at me like I was their Grandad.

Isn't that the norm? Always two sheets! Fitted for bottom, flat for top.

One Duvet, mashed into a ball, valance sheet unhooked from the edges of the mattress and hopelessly crumpled into a ball somewhere in the lower quadrant of the bed, some pocket change strewn about and a few socks hidden somewhere in the pile.

That's how I slept for a year while my lady was in London and I was still at home.

Halcyon days I tells ya.

Some things that seem horrid sober are in fact not when you've advanced past caring and hug the bottle to your bosom like a donkey.

I have four big ones and six square smaller ones, which I suppose could be called cushions but I often end up using them instead. If I line them up at night it's like there is a person there. A person that doesn't snore, steal my air or kick me in the night. I am quickly coming up on a decade of singledom so maybe I add one with each year, like a charm bracelet.

Pillows are awesome. My complaint now is I don't have one of these.

J-Shaped-Body-Pillow-with-the-book.jpg

P.S. That cat looks sneaky.

Rubbing herself all over my bed because she knows I'm allergic to her

The cat, not my girlfriend

I have four big ones and six square smaller ones, which I suppose could be called cushions but I often end up using them instead. If I line them up at night it's like there is a person there. A person that doesn't snore, steal my air or kick me in the night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back