Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

That's why Dublin is covered in dogshit , junkies and complete pricks. And god help you if you're in a hurry.

Don't get me started on those hoards of people who swamp the Luas tram entrances and simply have to get on before you can even get off the fucking thing!

I thought these rules of etiquette were ingrained in everyone's skull:
Walking on a footpath? Stick to your right-side.
Want to stop on an escalator/travelator/walkway? Stop on the right-side, people walk up the left. (Although in Tokyo, it's the complete opposite).
Want to get on a bus/train/tram? Let people exiting off first.

Don't get me started on those hoards of people who swamp the Luas tram entrances and simply have to get on before you can even get off the fucking thing!

Want to stop on an escalator/travelator/walkway? Stop on the right-side, people walk up the left. (Although in Tokyo, it's the complete opposite).

The rules of etiquette say that when walking on a footpath you walk so the lady you're accompanying is away from the road, that was you get splashed by any passing carriages.

You know I'm actually really sorry now that I didn't because I'd say they were deadly. I've gone to a couple of gigs on my own when I lived in town but for some reason the thoughts of driving the 7 or 8 miles to whelans to stand around awkwardly at the back of the venue when it was one of the few saturdays that my wife had off from work kind of didn't appeal at the time.
Didn't go for that run either.
7 or 8 miles! My heart bleeds

The rules of etiquette say that when walking on a footpath you walk so the lady you're accompanying is away from the road, that was you get splashed by any passing carriages.
As true today as was when t'was written.

But now it's because if you're over 6 foot tall you can't walk on the inside because you'll have your eye taken out by low hanging branches of trees growing out from lazy fuckers gardens. There should be a mandatory 7 ft clearance level for all tree branches.

I think I'm repeating myself now. God it grinds my gears.

Same goes with kids. Although I presumed it was that if a car mounted the footpath you'd take the hit before the child.

Ah I was told by an aul lad that If you allow the Lady walk on the outside / roadside that you are exhibiting her for the sale of sex

I wish everyone did this... I certainly do. I don't jaywalk either but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I had no idea you were supposed to walk on the right hand side of the foot path. I did know about the ladies on the inside thing though, my mother insists on walking on the inside if we're walking anywhere together. I should insist she walk a few paces behind me next time and see how she likes it.

Anyway, fuck today's weather.

I've driven 170kms today..including across town twice..in the rain..and
I'm still not finished.

FML

Thats not a bad idea about the tunes..I've had Plank Kenny and Joe Duddy so far today..no wonder I'm losing the will to live!

A workplace that can leave me in the lurch for 3 months on my actual work hours. Or if they are going to backdate the three months from annual leave or take it from my pay. Seriously, this place is unbelievable. I asked to have my hours extended like everyone else in my department but because I'm not in the union they couldn't do it. I foresee getting royally screwed soon. Actually, this is a major complaint. No one will answer my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back