Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

More and more people on facebook posting pictures of the pet they would love to keep but can't as they are moving house, changing jobs, have a new baby etc ..."so would you buy this cherished member of our family for a lot money?"

This drives me insane. People are thoughtless. I've heard the 'new baby' thing a lot lately.

A good friend of mine gets seriously militant about that type of thing, especially when the excuse is a new baby, or a new puppy or kitten for that matter. But, on the other hand, better to find the animal a new home than throw it out of a car on a country road, which far too many people do.

Still, I think if you loved the animal so much you would give it freely to someone you thought would love and cherish it, not try to flog it off for profit.

yeah, your last sentence is the bit I get angry about

I can understand the new baby thing to an extent..if say, you have a jealous adult silverback gorilla in the house

Well... I've known cases where the family pet would have fared better if it had been given away when the baby arrived. In one case the new parents were too exhausted to take the dog for walks and the poor thing was feeling very neglected and unloved. In another, more extreme case, a really lovely, docile and friendly Lab turned on the baby (probably after having its tail pulled one time too many) with disasterous consequences for both (child still bears the scars on its' face and the dog was put down).

But yeah, in my opinion all of these things need to be considered, and the long-term responsbility weighed up, before you introduce a pet into a home, or a baby for that matter. Then again, some people don't treat their offspring any better than they treat their pets, and would probably leave them at the side of the road in the countryside if they thought they'd get away with it, or put them up for sale on Facebook!

Well... I've known cases where the family pet would have fared better if it had been given away when the baby arrived. In one case the new parents were too exhausted to take the dog for walks and the poor thing was feeling very neglected and unloved. In another, more extreme case, a really lovely, docile and friendly Lab turned on the baby (probably after having its tail pulled one time too many) with disasterous consequences for both (child still bears the scars on its' face and the dog was put down).

But yeah, in my opinion all of these things need to be considered, and the long-term responsbility weighed up, before you introduce a pet into a home, or a baby for that matter. Then again, some people don't treat their offspring any better than they treat their pets, and would probably leave them at the side of the road in the countryside if they thought they'd get away with it, or put them up for sale on Facebook!

yeah I was being slightly facetious...I have know people to all too quickly give up their pets as if it's the done thing, I've know others who tried but ultimately failed to keep them when a baby arrived and others for whom it was no problem at all.

My main gripe was the need to profit from it..it just pisses me off

Just popped back in to see if it's all still vacuous bollocks in here

No need to be a dick about it..my earlier complaint was perfectly valid and initiated a decent conversation..and I also began with the disclaimer 'in a lesser complaint..'

stop being a dick

in a lesser complaint

calling ketchup 'red sauce'

No way has a tomato been seen in a red sauce factory in the last 20 years.

Besides It's disgusting and should only be used to clean copper or replace blood in shitty home made Zombie epics. It smells nearly as bad as coffee, the sight of it is enough to make me wretch. Red Sauce is too wholesome a name for it, it should be called Blob Scum or Mank Plop. It shouldn't be kept in a fridge it should be consigned to history never to return.

In short Fuck Red Sauce. And Fuck all Y'all who dine upon it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back