Meeting People (1 Viewer)

I did consider giving online dating a go, created an okcupid profile and everything but took it down. I know people who've met really nice partners but I don't think it's for me. Part of the reason I gave it a half hearted try was that all my friends seemed to have settled into things with people and I thought I should make an effort but to be honest, I just prefer doing my own thing.

*cry
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did consider giving online dating a go, created an okcupid profile and everything but took it down. I know people who've met really nice partners but I don't think it's for me. Part of the reason I gave it a half hearted try was that all my friends seemed to have settled into things with people and I thought I should make an effort but to be honest, I just prefer doing my own thing.

*cry

I did it for 3 weeks (one week on tinder, 2 on plenty of fish) and I have to say I think its a great thing (though is something you need to make a bit of an effort at to get the best from it).

Everyone on there is pretty much looking for the same thing so theres no fear that, if you've gotten as far as the chatting stage, that they'll turn around and say they're not available or interested (as can happen in a bar or whereever).

Its just a means of putting people in contact. You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to and you certainly don't have to meet anyone if you don't want to.

It can be frustrating too though. Like, I'd look for people with similar interests. Initially I'd be interested if someone said 'gigs' on their profile. The majority go to about 1 every 4 years and its Kodaline. Everyone loves travelling, everyone loves their dog, everyone's friends says they're a warm, loving, caring person. People are ridiculously bad at selling themselves, or making themselves stand out - that or they're just as boring as they come across.

I recommend short stints though. Go on it for a couple of weeks at a time, build up a list of mutually interested 'parties', explore those, and if it doesn't work out, then get back on there. Thats kind of my plan.

And I did get stalked/pestered/harassed too. That was a bit freaky.

But fuck it, give it a go. If it turns out not to be for you, to hell with it.

I did it for 3 weeks (one week on tinder, 2 on plenty of fish) and I have to say I think its a great thing (though is something you need to make a bit of an effort at to get the best from it).

Everyone on there is pretty much looking for the same thing so theres no fear that, if you've gotten as far as the chatting stage, that they'll turn around and say they're not available or interested (as can happen in a bar or whereever).

Its just a means of putting people in contact. You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to and you certainly don't have to meet anyone if you don't want to.

It can be frustrating too though. Like, I'd look for people with similar interests. Initially I'd be interested if someone said 'gigs' on their profile. The majority go to about 1 every 4 years and its Kodaline. Everyone loves travelling, everyone loves their dog, everyone's friends says they're a warm, loving, caring person. People are ridiculously bad at selling themselves, or making themselves stand out - that or they're just as boring as they come across.

I recommend short stints though. Go on it for a couple of weeks at a time, build up a list of mutually interested 'parties', explore those, and if it doesn't work out, then get back on there. Thats kind of my plan.

Actually stalked?

Actually stalked?
well relentlessly pestered, but it felt like being stalked to me. She'd go online several times a day and I'd get 10-20 messages off her in those stints. None of them in any way nasty in their own right, but the sheer volume of them made it very uncomfortable. I was glad I told her almost nothing about myself.

That's put a much nicer perspective on it.

He must have written that after he sang this to his soon-to-be ex

Went on my first Tinder date. Nice guy. It was a bit awkward but I chalked it up to nerves. I accepted a second date with him. It was my first date in about three years, so I thought it was about time. Glad I did it. If nothing else, I got out for a night and got to go to a gig. Bonus.

Second date possible more awkward than the first, since he scratched the entire passenger side of his car with a barbwire fence. He drove into a ditch while reversing because I forgot my bag. Also took off the side mirror. Oof. Got asked on a third, and said yes. Personally, I owe the poor lad some drinks after all that. I feel awful.

Second date possible more awkward than the first, since he scratched the entire passenger side of his car with a barbwire fence. He drove into a ditch while reversing because I forgot my bag. Also took off the side mirror. Oof. Got asked on a third, and said yes. Personally, I owe the poor lad some drinks after all that. I feel awful.

Amazing

My friend did and it broke his heart when he wanted to marry her and she said she couldn't because he wasn't a Muslim.
I had a buddy who converted to Islam to marry a Muslim lady.

This was in America where making a decision such as that has some different/extra considerations than it might do in other countries.

They're divorced now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back