Meeting People (1 Viewer)

I just got Tinder yesterday, thought I'd see what all the fuss is about. I don't like it at all! It feels so mean being routinely judgey in a matter of seconds.

Also I now realise I'm very picky, even down to people's names.
'Ew, I could never date a Harrison!'
He could've been the one.

I tried to delete it today, it told me there was some error and it couldn't do it. To get rid of the error message I had to click "Cool". It's full of mingers. I rejected them all and it has nobody left to offer me.

'Learning' to like someone?
I might like talking to them but if there's no spark or some physical attraction, I don't think that can be learned, so to speak. Sounds like trying to force a friendship or aquuatance(ship?) beyond the limits of something platonic.
That's how it's very similar to faux rabbit holing, to me. Am I making sense?

I'm not going to bend who I am to try like someone or to get them to like me, Just because the ridings good.
that's for idiots. And I for one have been there.
If they don't like who you are, what's the point anyway sure.

That date I had got rescheduled for this Saturday by the way. I know you were dying for the details for vicariously living through me.
I think you're taking me up a bit wrong. I'm working under the assumption that of all the girls that were hitting on scutter (dozens upon dozens no doubt) at least one or two of them were in hindsight actually alright and might have deserved a chance.

Most people wander around, particularly in their early years, with aspirations inflated by tv ads, rom coms and marriage-plot novels until the world eventually wears them down and they realise they're not that special after all. At which point many will settle or learn to like somebody or however you want to put it. But if they had been more accepting early on they would have possibly had a couple of runs at it, got better at the whole process a bit more naturally and so on.

Doesn't really aply to you though, you fall for people pretty frequently. And with gusto!

I don't think that's true. It's just people who are considered 'beautiful' by others have more self confidence to do it. I generally don't go for 'classically beautiful' men but confidence without arrogance is a huge turn on.
Well it's harder for the more "acquired taste" face to pull off an instant win.

I'll give another example. I remember watching Manon des Sources with an ex and she was visibly writhing on the couch watching a heavily made-down Daniel Auteil stalking the titular (and how!) Manon around the French countryside. I say it wouldn't be so creepy if he didn't look like that. She sort of scoffs and I say so if you were her and I was him leaving little presents for you dotted thoughout the foothills or fighting your corner among the town gossips, "aw that would be so cute!...oh I take your point".

I think you're taking me up a bit wrong. I'm working under the assumption that of all the girls that were hitting on scutter (dozens upon dozens no doubt) at least one or two of them were in hindsight actually alright and might have deserved a chance.

Most people wander around, particularly in their early years, with aspirations inflated by tv ads, rom coms and marriage-plot novels until the world eventually wears them down and they realise they're not that special after all. At which point many will settle or learn to like somebody or however you want to put it. But if they had been more accepting early on they would have possibly had a couple of runs at it, got better at the whole process a bit more naturally and so on.

Doesn't really aply to you though, you fall for people pretty frequently. And with gusto!

Think I know what you're getting at. Maybe my experience is that I just knew I didn't fancy them from the get go.

And yes I've learned the hard way, I've got to stop falling in love with lunatics haha!
I've learned the hard way

Today I was in the park and a couple - him grey haired, mid fifties and her blonde mid twenties - sat down right in front me and engaged in an intense bout of frenching while I was trying to eat my lunch. Love. Bork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back