Meeting People (4 Viewers)

The trick is to learn to like some of those that hit on you. Much much easier than actually getting good at chatting people up or going down that whole faux disinterest charade rabbit-hole.

Fuck that. Learning to like some of those that hit on you is the exact same as the whole faux interest rabbit hole charade.
Just get better at chatting up.

The trouble I find, is that I can get on great with anyone, be a bit flirty but as soon as I realise
'oh actually, I'm chatting to a really pretty girl and, if I'm not mistaken, it appears to be not going shit, I should do something more like ask her out or for a number or something'
is the point where I suddenly trip up all of my words, mumble something / lob the gob / accidentally spill her drink or something else pathetic, and usually make a tit out of myself.

I'm still terrible at it but I've definitely improved.

I remember back in the day when I was young and good-looking I got hit on a lot by girls but I never wanted any of those girls. I used to ask out the girls I did want and they always said no to me.

FUCKING EXPLAIN THAT ONE THUMPED
I spent most of my (skinny & cute) 20s dating my platonic non-passionate best friend. Woke up. Broke up. Then proceeded to spend my 30s hung up on someone who had no interest in me. Meanwhile, consciously and sometimes subconsciously dismissing anyone who showed any interest. I've been ignoring most men for 20 years. Go me. I'm an idiot.

t63Cbc4.jpg

I can totally see that.

Fuck that. Learning to like some of those that hit on you is the exact same as the whole faux interest rabbit hole charade.
Just get better at chatting up.

The trouble I find, is that I can get on great with anyone, be a bit flirty but as soon as I realise
'oh actually, I'm chatting to a really pretty girl and, if I'm not mistaken, it appears to be not going shit, I should do something more like ask her out or for a number or something'
is the point where I suddenly trip up all of my words, mumble something / lob the gob / accidentally spill her drink or something else pathetic, and usually make a tit out of myself.

I'm still terrible at it but I've definitely improved.
How is it the same thing? You refuse to take part in a very silly little game and are smart and un-neurotic enough to know a good thing when you see it. As opposed to the romantic notion of the challenge, which essentially boils down to bending yourself and/or somebody else to fit a more benign paradigm - an ideology borne out of several centuries of fanciful fiction stretching back to Jane Austen which has left us all with idiotic ideals on how a relationship is supposed to blossom.

On the second part of your post, precisely why I love living vicariously through you! Does wishing you never have another long-term girlfriend make me a bad friend?

How is it the same thing? You refuse to take part in a very silly little game and are smart and un-neurotic enough to know a good thing when you see it. As opposed to the romantic notion of the challenge, which essentially boils down to bending yourself and/or somebody else to fit a more benign paradigm - an ideology borne out of several centuries of fanciful fiction stretching back to Jane Austen which has left us all with idiotic ideals on how a relationship is supposed to blossom.

On the second part of your post, precisely why I love living vicariously through you! Does wishing you never have another long-term girlfriend make me a bad friend?
Hermie talks sense

Some woman tried to pick me up at a banklink a while back. It was very flattering and if I didn't have a girlfriend I would have went along with it, at least for a drink... at which point i'm sure it would have all fallen apart. She was, of course, American.

(Oh and yeah, she was probably just trying to rob me)

Ah I was still in my 20's back then, it'll never happen again. Them glory days of 2013.

'Learning' to like someone?
I might like talking to them but if there's no spark or some physical attraction, I don't think that can be learned, so to speak. Sounds like trying to force a friendship or aquuatance(ship?) beyond the limits of something platonic.
That's how it's very similar to faux rabbit holing, to me. Am I making sense?

I'm not going to bend who I am to try like someone or to get them to like me, Just because the ridings good.
that's for idiots. And I for one have been there.
If they don't like who you are, what's the point anyway sure.

That date I had got rescheduled for this Saturday by the way. I know you were dying for the details for vicariously living through me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back