Meeting People (1 Viewer)

The new turn of this thread just became very funny. I've also decided meeting people is not hard at all. Meeting someone you want to give up your freedom for might be though. Asking someone out is not scary. A spider the size of a dinner plate is scary! Plus the pros of asking someone out outweigh the cons any day.

Pros: They say yes and....
You have a fun couple dates/weeks with someone new.
It could turn into something more serious down the line (if that's what you're looking for)
It goes so badly that it becomes a great story to tell next time.

Cons:
You might waste a some time (personally I've probably wasted more on here than all my bad dates combined) Hidden pro -- you'll be off the internet for a few hours at least.

They say no and you're embarrassed for a day or two but you'll get over it. Hidden pro -- you know they're not interested instead of replaying 'signals' over and over in your head trying to read into things that are just not there. Some things are just that simple. No need to drive yourself and your friends crazy with all the wondering. Life is too short.

So true. I wish I were this brave.

It's easier to say than do... believe me I've bent the ear of many of friends. ;) I think there just comes a point where you realize it just doesn't fucking matter. In the grand scheme of things, I mean really? It's just a light hearted drink or a few hours. The more you think about anything the more you'll talk yourself out of it. Spontaneity is your friend and it's generally when things end up being more fun, no? Like someone said above, the fun is the possibly.

This seems to be common nowadays, I have quite a few single friends who have bemoaned being asked to the cinema/to dinner by a dude or dudette who then proceeds to talk about his/her new girlfriend.
that's very odd behaviour, those people are clearly dicks or have some personality disorder (e.g. narcissistic tendencies)
dinner = definitely date
cinema = definitely date but a bit shy and lame

meeting people is easy - try brothels, or karaoke, and don't be afraid to ask your mum for help!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

meeting people is easy,if they say yes to a date your away,if they say no-who cares really?i doubt they'll hold it against you and its not like you gotta see them all the time forever after or anything.just treat it as a numbers game-unless your dog ugly yr bound to get a date every second/third person you proposition.
now who said romance was dead?

I don't think I could ever ask someone out on a date, I cant even add people as friends on facebook incase they dont want me to but are now obliged to say yes.
That might just be me being weird though.

I don't think I could ever ask someone out on a date, I cant even add people as friends on facebook incase they dont want me to but are now obliged to say yes.

I'm a bit like that too, it's awful isn't it? I'm even weird about talking to people I know when I meet them somewhere. Do I say Hi, or not? Should I talk to them or only say Hi? I've actually pretended I didn't see someone a few times because I started to panic.

Still no one can clarify the coffee thing? I just wanna know in case Scutter and I should be picking out baby names at this stage. You people are all mad. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back