Meeting People (5 Viewers)

I have dates with 3 women in the next week. I am mad with power or something.

This turned into 4 in a week. Which was kind of exhausting. First one I really liked, we hit it off really well but I fucked it up over whatsapp during the week. Next 2, nice women but no spark. Last one is really nice, couldn't get a read on if she liked me till the end when she said "so see you again sometime I assume." Not going to arrange anything with anyone else till I see how the second date goes with her.

It's all gone a bit Eastenders with the tinder business.

Eastenders usually gets to a weeping Phil Mitchell at some point right?

hqdefault.jpg

I have given up on attempting to attract a mate. It is fucking pointless. I'll marry a bottle of Jameson instead.

It's not pointless, it is worthwhile... and once the bottle of Jameson is gone it's gone, not a recipe for a lifelong romance.

You're right. It is.

Nope, Pete's right. It just seems pointless up to the point when you realise that it isn't, because you've found that person who is worth giving up some stuff for because they add so much more.

I have given up on attempting to attract a mate. It is fucking pointless. I'll marry a bottle of Jameson instead.

The very last line is the payoff

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nope, Pete's right. It just seems pointless up to the point when you realise that it isn't, because you've found that person who is worth giving up some stuff for because they add so much more.
Lottery winners will always think the lottery is a great thing.
Fact is, even the people that find someone they want and wants them back - and both decide that life together forever makes life apart unbearable - even those lucky people that get there, to marriage, half of those relationships end in divorce.
Messy, painful, destructive divorce.
Out of the fifty-odd percent that stay married, what percentage you reckon just go through the motions and stay the course in misery, out of habit or fear or financial necessity or God knows what? Chained to someone they can't stand or feel nothing for?
I don't know what that percentage is, but it's not zero.
And that's if you're even "lucky" enough to find someone you love enough to get married to.
So many others spend a whole lifetime desperately trying to get there, because they're sold a bill of goods by pop songs, the movies, their peers, their families, and the world at large that true happiness lies only in finding someone to spend their lives with, and the alternative is pitiable loneliness. Codswallop.
The numbers say, nay they scream, that marriage and coupledom is not for everyone. The data show it is for the few.
Those that are willing to do the work, ignore the pain and make sacrifice and compromise part of their daily life, to surrender themselves for betterment of the pair and find someone willing to do the same for them.
For those few, these signed acts of the relationship world, it's worth it. And they go about telling everyone to learn guitar and get on a major label.
When for most people, they are far better off just finding out what suits them and being comfortable with it and owning it. Enjoy their life for who they are.

If someone's at the point, where they're saying it's not worth it, they've reached a moment of clarity. For them, it is clearly not worth it.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I love you all!

Last edited:
Lottery winners will always think the lottery is a great thing.
Fact is, even the people that find someone they want and wants them back, and both decide that life together forever makes life apart unbearable. Even those lucky people that get there, to marriage, half of those relationships end in divorce. Messy, painful, destructive divorce.
Out of the fifty-odd percent that stay married, what percentage you reckon just go through the motions and stay the course in misery, out of habit or fear or financial necessity or God knows what? Chained to someone they can't stand or feel nothing for?
I don't know what that percentage is, but it's not zero.
And that's if you're even "lucky" enough to find someone you love enough to get married to.
So many others spend a whole lifetime trying to get there, because they're sold a bill of goods by pop songs, the movies, their peers, their families, and the world at large that true happiness lies only in finding someone to spend their lives with, and the alternative is pitiable loneliness. Codswallop.
The numbers say, nay they scream, that marriage and coupledom is not for everyone. The data show it is for the few. Those that are willing to do the work, ignore the pain and make sacrifice and compromise part of their daily life, surrendering part of themselves for betterment of the pair. For those few, these signed acts of the relationship world, it's worth it. And they go about telling everyone to learn guitar and get on a major label.
When for most people, they are far better off just finding out what suits them and being comfortable with it and owning it.

If someone's at the point, where they're saying it's not worth it, they've reached a moment of clarity. For them, it is clearly not worth it.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I love you all!

Real love isn't a Disney movie, or a rom com, and it's risky... which is why it's not a good idea to think that almost is good enough. But there can be so many excuses we make up... at the end of the day it is about trust, trusting the other person, and their trusting you... if either is missing it can't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back