MC5 reform... (2 Viewers)

Rimbaud

...i'm nearly done here..
Supporter
Website
www.rimbaudrecords.com
Has anyone heard the rumours about MC5 reforming to do some Levis ad or something?Fred Smith is six feet under - and probably spinning in his grave.

i think there was an article about it in the guardian a few weeks back,definitely true.

The 3 remaining living members of MC5 did play together a couple of weeks ago in the 100 club in london. Nicke from the Hellacopters filled in for Sonic and there was guest vocalists. I heard about it that day on my way to see Cheap Trick in the royal albert hall. Unfortunately with me not having any concern for fashion magazine bullshit etc I had no hope of getting in.I spent the day with my stomach about to throw up at the thought of possibly the greatest band ever playing and the audience being full of people who had no idea who they were and apparently " who exactly are MC5"was heard at it. Doubt they'll do anything else we can just wait for the movie. A friend of mine is trying to get it for belfast.
Oh yeah,Cheap Trick were incredible

The Movie?
I remember a couple of years back, a documentary about the MC5 was supposedly in the making.
But after a year, i checked up on it again and it still was`nt finished.Is this the movie your`re referring to?Cause i friggin well hope so.

Oh...and that Fleetwood mac - Live in boston is the same one as the tea party - 2 cds, vol 1 & 2..scorching music.

MC4`s ehh..??
I go for the MC4 and half`s meself - MC Bootlegs too.....but only when i`m out on the town likes.
I saw a MC5 video on VH1 Classic rock a while back - first time seeing footage of them back in there hayday.The singer was? - big afro on him - mad looking band.
Was it true about all that White power stuff with the MC5??

My youngfella, aka Blagpuss (due to his uncanny ability to blag into the most snooty "exclusive" gigs), made it in to the 100 Club gig. He said they were excellent, despite being a bunch of old feckers, but the audience was full of fashion industry poodles who had no clue who they were. Lemmy, Dave Vanian from the Damned and Ian Astbury from the Cult (insert your own consonant at your leisure) also did some vocals for them.

Re: "White Power" - the MC5 had nothing to do with white supremacy, if that's what you mean, but they did form their own version of the Blank Panthers, called, imaginatively, The White Panthers. Their manifesto revolved around "Dope, guns and fucking in the streets" (they've since renounced the second item). The Black Panthers, sensibly enough, thought they were a bunch of honky muppets.

Wayne Kramer played here a couple of years ago with Mad for the Racket,the band also had Clem Burke from blondie,Brian James from the Damned and Mani was playing bass(filling in for the G'n'R guy) they fuckin rocked big time proving that most of the new bands are nothing but pretenders.
The movie is indeed the same one and has been shown afew times arond the world including london. Don't know of a video or dvd release but it's got to happen.I've not checked the site for quite some time. I'll keep posted if it happens in belfast but don't hold your breath.
On a related note any Sonic's Rendezvous or Rob Tyner band fans out there ? I need more..........
And while I'm at it any one interested in playing some high octane rock? ther e is a severe lack of it in this country especially for R'n'R to be so "cool"!!!!!!!!!

I JUST HEARD A RUMOUR THAT WAYNE KRAMER IS PLAYING THE VILLAGE ON JUNE 6TH. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS? SUPPOSODLY HIS BAND IS THE RUBBISH MOTHER SUPERIOR AKA ROLLINS BAND WITHOUT ROLLINS. i'M SURE IT WOULD STILL BE GOOD.
ALSO TO THE FEW WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THAT GIG YOU SHOULD GO CHECK OUT SONNY VINCENT IN THE TEMPLE ON SATURDAY NIGHT. HIS BAND INCLUDES BOBBY STEELE FROM THE MISFITS AND SOMEONE FROM THE VOIDOIDS,BUT THE ALBUM IS FULL OF MEMBERS OF STOOGES /MC5/WIERDOS/TELEVISION AND OTHERS. I JUST GOT THE ALBIUM AND IT'S GREAT DETROIT ROCK. REMINDED ME OF SONICS RENDEZVOUZ AND THE HYDROMATICS. SERIOUSLY IF YOU LIKE THE CURRENT TREND OF FASHIONABLE R'N'R YOU SHOULD GO. I'M EXPECTING GREATNESS.......

I JUST HEARD A RUMOUR THAT WAYNE KRAMER IS PLAYING THE VILLAGE ON JUNE 6TH. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS? SUPPOSODLY HIS BAND IS THE RUBBISH MOTHER SUPERIOR AKA ROLLINS BAND WITHOUT ROLLINS. i'M SURE IT WOULD STILL BE GOOD.
ALSO TO THE FEW WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THAT GIG YOU SHOULD GO CHECK OUT SONNY VINCENT IN THE TEMPLE ON SATURDAY NIGHT. HIS BAND INCLUDES BOBBY STEELE FROM THE MISFITS AND SOMEONE FROM THE VOIDOIDS,BUT THE ALBUM IS FULL OF MEMBERS OF STOOGES /MC5/WIERDOS/TELEVISION AND OTHERS. I JUST GOT THE ALBIUM AND IT'S GREAT DETROIT ROCK. REMINDED ME OF SONICS RENDEZVOUZ AND THE HYDROMATICS. SERIOUSLY IF YOU LIKE THE CURRENT TREND OF FASHIONABLE R'N'R YOU SHOULD GO. I'M EXPECTING GREATNESS.......

mark arm was singing on some dates on their us dates, it would be great if he comes over - the footage of the reunion stuff looks ok but the vocals were really dodgy when kramer/davis sang.

mark arm was singing on some dates on their us dates, it would be great if he comes over - the footage of the reunion stuff looks ok but the vocals were really dodgy when kramer/davis sang.

dodgy vocals??hehehe you should listen to Sonics Rendezvous,wouldnt be the same without them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back