Mastering (1 Viewer)

would an example of an unmastered vs mastered track cool your fever?

In fairness johnny, I really appreciate that offer and will take it up if its ok. I would say its hardly a fever to ask for examples where money will be exchanged. And back to hugh's point - it is ridiculous to get something mastered twice or multiple times on an indie budget and then post it on the web for my or any other persons benefit, but really to make a decision between engineers i would really love such examples to be available.

You seem pretty mad about stuff Ann Post.
Inanyways.
If you are seriously considering getting an album or similar mastered, some mastering engineers will do a demo master of a single song if you ask them nicely.
Why, if you found two such kindly individuals, then surely you would have two different masters of the same song to compare.
Oh my days.

oh my days!

Where does it come from? What does it mean?? Has anyone told broadsheet.ie???

In fairness johnny, I really appreciate that offer and will take it up if its ok. I would say its hardly a fever to ask for examples where money will be exchanged. And back to hugh's point - it is ridiculous to get something mastered twice or multiple times on an indie budget and then post it on the web for my or any other persons benefit, but really to make a decision between engineers i would really love such examples to be available.

cool - i'll root out one of the tracks.
a lot of our album was the diy in a bad way, but I really feel steve made it sound much much better - the track in question is number 3 in the below link(devil for the dumb) - has a lot of parts/quiet loud dynamics shite - and it was one of the better recorded/mixed songs to begin with. I'll dig out an unmastered mix and stick it up somewhere - if it isnt done by monday by all means hassle me for it!

http://www.breakingtunes.com/thebastardrain#

You seem pretty mad about stuff Ann Post.

Are you confusing mad with logical again? anyone coming across this thread who hasn't been on thumped for a long time would be out of their head to take a mastering recommendation based on anything in it previous to my post. And thanks for the info.

Are you confusing mad with logical again? anyone coming across this thread who hasn't been on thumped for a long time would be out of their head to take a mastering recommendation based on anything in it previous to my post. And thanks for the info.

The guy/gal was looking for names of people who do "decent (cheap) mastering in Ireland or abroad". He/she was given the names of people who do decent/cheap mastering in Ireland. Jesus Christ ..... the shit you get for just trying to helpful.

it's a forum full of band pricks, you being preeminent among them. assuming someone would blindly go and employ mastering engineer solely based on the word of an unknown other only shows that how little you regard the deductive reasoning capabilities of those who do not post here regularly. indeed, the very fact that this person choose to ask here, a forum full of musicans, shows they have begun their search logically.

the poster asked for recommendations, they got a few. don't assume that's the end of their investigation in the area.

the crown rests.

it's a forum full of band pricks, you being preeminent among them. assuming someone would blindly go and employ mastering engineer solely based on the word of an unknown other only shows that how little you regard the deductive reasoning capabilities of those who do not post here regularly. indeed, the very fact that this person choose to ask here, a forum full of musicans, shows they have begun their search logically.

the poster asked for recommendations, they got a few. don't assume that's the end of their investigation in the area.

the crown rests.

So basically what your saying is that you agree that there isn't enough information in the thread to make a decent decision. I suppose it was too much to ask to try and get people to add that kind of information.

So basically what your saying is that you agree that there isn't enough information in the thread to make a decent decision.

technically yes, but i wouldn't expect the thread to supply all the info to make the decision based on the one line request for cheap, decent mastering engineers.

sorry the thread didn't live up to your expectations. sounds like you're disappointed. maybe you and thumped should take a break.

TRAINWRECK.jpg

I'd just like to say thank you for the recommendations. I've know enquired the knowledge that I set out for when I setup the thread i.e. a couple of names to look at. I respect my work and therefore am not going to
make a decision based on a suggestion alone (that's pretty obvious ann-post).

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back