mastering (1 Viewer)

Before and afters would be a good thing.
It is perhaps the kind of thing this forum would be good for - a group learning type thing.
I'll host it at my ftp if people want to donate before and after files.

Yeah, nice idea Pete!
I reckon Adrian could be persuaded to stick up some Huts On Stilts pre- and post-mastered stuff. He went to Emily Lazar at The Lodge, she made the thing glitter, it's amazing. I'll ask him tomorrow if he'll let us do it.

I'm in the process of having something mastered myself (prob in the next few weeks), which is why I asked about it, so obviously if anyone else would care to put some more examples up soon that would be hott. Although I can understand anyone who dosen't want to do that too...

But sure ultimately there's no hurry, it's probably going to be a very interesting experience whenever we do amass a few tunes. A bit of critical evaluation and explanation would be very enlightening.

Anyone suggest good Mastering software for Mac?
It's something I need to learn for myself I reckon.

Anyone suggest good Mastering software for Mac?
It's something I need to learn for myself I reckon.

depends on what you want to do...

Your options are roughly:
Sonic Studio SoundBlade/PMCD
Audiofile Engineering Wave Editor
Bias Peak

Samplitude & Sequoia are by far the best all in one, all bases covered, applications. Wavelab too, but all pc only i'm afraid.

Looking forward to this. Mastering is still one of those mystical areas to me. Like compression used to be. Now I have compressors fitted to all of the phones in my house.

Before and afters would be a good thing.
It is perhaps the kind of thing this forum would be good for - a group learning type thing.
I'll host it at my ftp if people want to donate before and after files.

We'd be up for this. hoping to get it done by the end of the month so i'll get in touch when it's done.

I want to get a louder average volume and a bit more clarity for the sound. Mostly after the volume boost though.

The main tools are EQ, compression and limiting, used in an environment where you can hear what you need to address and if what you're doing is improving things or making them worse.

They're are many many options, analog and digital.

Do you already have a DAW, or what tools do you already have?

The main tools are EQ, compression and limiting, used in an environment where you can hear what you need to address and if what you're doing is improving things or making them worse.

They're are many many options, analog and digital.

Do you already have a DAW, or what tools do you already have?

I don't know what a DAW is. I just have a computer really, no outboard gear except for cassette 4 track and a mixer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back