Mars Volta ATP (3 Viewers)

I weely weely wanna go but can't afford a ticket for a couple of months as I'm too busy blowing it all on booze these days. And gig tickets.

- I don't think the Mars Volta are *that* bad
- Who cares, it's a good line up anyway
- Who cares, you don't go to "see" "bands"

i think it looks great but there's no way i'd go back there in the winter, it was like sleeping in a fridge.
plus i'm spending my money on other shit

High on Fire too.

Mars Volta are are pretty good I think..not a patch on at the drive in,different band blah blah blah i know.
I might go to this if the dates suit.

g-stereotypical said:
blonde redhead
battles
fucking champs
and cos i missed them over here..
JAGA JAZZIST

thats me sold..
defo going..
yeah! that last jaga jazzist album is decent fare. but yeah, what you said. especially battles. plus a few others. rock etc.

should wash the shitty slint atp taste out of the mouth..

i can't think of anywhere on earth i'd rather be for this weekend in december. check out the bands i've put on gigs for over the years. then star-cross that with this 'mars volta' line-up. i was thinking these bands 10 years ago mars volta. ha. such chili pepper behaviour. mars gayolta if you ask me.

now this is a rumour from a reliable source. that band golden... the one with a member of mars volta, one of trans am/fucking champs, one of weird war... all these 3 members are billed to play in other bands. what do you think the chances are? any time i tell someone about how amazing golden are.... they just scratch their heads and mention something to do with a trans am connection. the truth is that golden are today's led zeppelin.... it's just that people only believe what their told by strangers. what am i trying to say?

i seen hella before too.... advice is to take 3 pills a half an hour before seeing them. watch you lose 3 stone in 30 minutes. i'm looking at you, mr. wheels.

oh shit said:
i think it looks great but there's no way i'd go back there in the winter, it was like sleeping in a fridge.
plus i'm spending my money on other shit
there's a way to get free electricity in the chalets (can't remember it off the top of my head, but you just push some buttons on the meter)... once you got that licked you'd be surprised at how quickly a chalet warms up when you turn on all the cooker rings, open the oven door and lash it up to 250ºC. toasty.

until the cooker stops working... :eek:

was really planning to go to this one...

a few deadky artist:
diamanda galas
lydia lunch
hella
locust
battles
amt
high on fire

but then the goodness of the lineup degrades drastically. usually you don't have to worry about some shitty band like the kills or mars volta to play in atp...i'll just wait for the next ATP, probably better curators then

i've seen mars volta before and to be honest, they're fuckin great, if only to watch jon theodore (ex-golden drummer) and omar do their funky thing.

hm maybe i will actually go to this. plug, can you show me the way to get the power?

oh shit said:
i've seen mars volta before and to be honest, they're fuckin great, if only to watch jon theodore (ex-golden drummer) and omar do their funky thing.

hm maybe i will actually go to this. plug, can you show me the way to get the power?
picture me holding your shoulders.... looking into your eyes with a eyes sunk in a solemn face. hag being solemn. for serious. this is what i say...

"man, you have to see john theodore playing with golden. he uses a 4 piece kit. red sparkly. even if it's just a demonstration of how rhythmnical a human can actually be. a lesson in movement and masterfulness. and grace. you have to see golden."

but will you listen? no. you'll be one of those people who refer to them as "that band golden". check out super golden original movement. then the 4 track EP. then apollo stars. if you make it to the end of apollo stars............................... my work is done.

seriously dude. golden rules.

p.s. there's no such thing as 'ex-golden'. they're mad old friends who met in college. they'll play together for as long as their physically able.

oh shit said:

u got it!

"Like the crack of the whip I snap attack
Front to back in this thing called rap
Dig it like a shovel rhyme devil
On a heavenly level
Bang the bass turn up the treble
Radical mind day and night all the time
Seven to fourteen wise divine
Maniac brainiac winning the game
I'm the lyrical Jesse James

I've got the power!!!"

Not to mention aul Michael Rother, Holger Czukay and Antony "not-cool-anymore" & The Johnsons.

Dungen sound interesting and I'm looking forward to The Locust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back