Manu thread? (1 Viewer)

yup, a poor show indeed. was impressed by porto, especially in the first half. unbelievable how under-rated they were by the media (and bookies, 9-1 to win!) before the game, they have a great record this season. united definitely picked it up in the second half, although decent defending from porto meant we didnt really look that threatening. chances of united going through now are 50/50 i would say.

i am not that confident! utd have been terrible in last few weeks. I know a lot of people dont rate ferdinand but he is needed back badly. Utd had a bit of a slump when he was banned after the drugs test thing as well. Vidic looks kind of lost without him, we need someone who can pass the ball out of defence which is what ferdinand gives us. A lot of the time vidic was putting the ball out of play rather than keeping posession. In saying that his only options were johnny "shaky at times" evans and john "dougal maguire" o'shea....

During the 18 match clean sheet run, we played terrible in some games but just didnt look like conceding.

Oh and can someone here arrange for gary neville to be shot ? I know a lot of you pool fans would do it for free but I willing to pay handsomely for it !

Over confidence from a Man U fan, well I never. I seem to recall you announcing back in February that Liverpool would be 'well out of it' in the Premiership by the time the Madrid game came around. United were muck tonight as they have been for the last few and you were lucky not to let in more. I fancy Porto to go through on away goals, unless of course you're sure.

in fairness wheels, you also said that liverpool were well out of it the week we played madrid.

porto are gonna do united. hulk is incredible

in fairness wheels, you also said that liverpool were well out of it the week we played madrid.

porto are gonna do united. hulk is incredible

Sorry, I'm not illustrating my point properly. The Real Madrid game was being discussed on the Liverpool thread back in early February and someone said that the real game was going to be following at Old Trafford. At that point Ratmonkey chimed in and casually dismissed Liverpool's title chances saying we'd be well out of it by then. Considering at that time we had just gone top after beating Chelsea, Ratmonkey's statement was full of arrogance and cockiness. We were playing well and still in a great position.

When we lost to Middlesborough, it left us 7 points behind United having played a game more. Considering how shite we were in that game and no one was even turning up against United, I was pretty sure that was that for the title run in. A lot of other people thought so too. I don't think anyone could have imagined the result at Old Trafford and ramifications it's had since.

There's a moral or two in here somewhere...

Oh and can someone here arrange for gary neville to be shot ? I know a lot of you pool fans would do it for free but I willing to pay handsomely for it !

Is Fergie getting sentimental in his old age? I can understand his loyalty to Giggs and Scholes who are still class on their day, but Neville's had it. Steve Bruce or Gary Pallister he is not.

Is Fergie getting sentimental in his old age? I can understand his loyalty to Giggs and Scholes who are still class on their day, but Neville's had it. Steve Bruce or Gary Pallister he is not.

neville had it even before his last injury. and scholes is showing signs of it in recent weeks/months. At the moment i dont think ferguson has much of a choice though. we have lost both rafael and brown on the right side. evans seems to get injured around 60 minutes in games so his only option is to bring on neville and push o'shea to centre which is shocking!

At the moment i would alsmost prefer if he gave Eckersley a shot at the back. neville has been caught out too many times even in the limited game time he has been given

neville had it even before his last injury. and scholes is showing signs of it in recent weeks/months. At the moment i dont think ferguson has much of a choice though. we have lost both rafael and brown on the right side. evans seems to get injured around 60 minutes in games so his only option is to bring on neville and push o'shea to centre which is shocking!

At the moment i would alsmost prefer if he gave Eckersley a shot at the back. neville has been caught out too many times even in the limited game time he has been given

Yeah you're right, I just saw a stat saying that Fergie's had to play seven different players at right back this season. And I thought Liverpool had problems with that position! In the short term Ferguson seems to be gambling that Neville's title run in experience out weighs his obvious lack of match fitness and pace. As soon as Ferdinand is fit again I'd slot O'Shea back into RB. If Ferguson thinks otherwise it could be a serious weak spot.

Scholes had a shocker last night, his distribution was terrible, he kept giving the ball away and was so bad there was calls (in my front room) for Nani to come on and offer something new.

United were dire for the majority of last night and were very lucky to get the draw. Porto looked like scoring everytime they attacked whereas we looked like losing the ball everytime we did.

Porto have been in this position before in the last round and played it perfectly by sitting back and inviting Athletico Madrid on then hitting them on the break.

If Ferguson thinks otherwise it could be a serious weak spot.

if he thinks otherwise we will throw away points

Scholes had a shocker last night, his distribution was terrible, he kept giving the ball away and was so bad there was calls (in my front room) for Nani to come on and offer something new.

get a grip man! a shit paul scholes is still better than that piece of shit.

the second leg all depends on which utd turns up. Porto looked great last night but it was more down to utd being terrible. A really good side would have left old trafford up a few goals. If utd actually turn up in porto i still think we can go through....still an if though

Sunderland Vs Man Utd today at 3pm

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, O'Shea, Neville, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Eckersley, Ronaldo, Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Tevez, Welbeck, Macheda.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson:
"Some people said we looked tired on Tuesday against Porto.
"We looked tired in the first half and were short of sharpness and rhythm in our game.
"But we did well in the second. There is nothing wrong there. We just have to stop these silly goals.
"There is a watershed for everything. Hopefully we reached it on Tuesday night because that late goal was a real kick in the teeth."

Not as bad as when Scholes did a really theatrical dive years ago, trouble being that there wasn't an opposition player within five metres of him at the time.

What a goal by Ronnie last night, as Giles said it was remeniscent of Charlton in his heyday .|..|

United were much improved at the back, Vidic looks a lot more composed when Rio is beside him but the midfield was a shambles. Most of the pressure that came in the last 15 minutes was as a result of Nani and Scholes giving the ball away constantly. Berbatov was playing so deep that at times he was more of a centre midfielder then a striker.

Still Arsenal 3 times in a month should make for some thrilling games and if the midfield doesn't improve that could be wher ethe games swing in the gooners favour.

Fergie's rage at Nani and hopefully himself for buying him, selecting him and bringing him on.

_45668900_fergie466.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back