MANTUA FESTIVAL 1/2/3 AUGUST (1 Viewer)

Only Fumes & Corpses were supposed to play at 2:30am. Blood Or Whiskey finished their set at 3:03am. Various things led to the late running of the gig although as far as I know only 4 bands ended up playing (the blame, smoke like a fish, kilnaboy,blood or whiskey) on the Friday night. The rest all canceled I think. It was a bit shit for us after some us were there for 6 hours before hand, stayed sober, carried half our backline in the pitch dark across a mucky mountain, were backstage and tuned up and ready to go and then we found out we could not play. I was almost speechless. Myself and Momme both had to leave first thing on Saturday morning so we could not play at any other time. Although we were not one of the main attractions there were still a good few pissed off people who had been looking forward to see us play....

roosky didnt arrive till sat so missed all of that. we played sat afternoon, no hassle, go to play all of our set, thanks to the dubtones for a nice changeover, next up was estel, again, things went smoothly.

mantua in general........last years leechrum beat it hands down, the poo tent at last years leechrum had a really good atmosphere, the site was also laid out better.

anyhoo, ta jasp for inviting us down, good crack was had. spent a long time in the gramaphone disco tent drinking very strong drinks, golf balls in the mouth big time!

funniest moment was packing up the car when some local heads (with wives in tow) were coming in "for a look" and passed by these lads with a fuking HUGE sound system in the boot of their car, dancing in the mud to the maddest techno, ketamined off their bin!

Hahaha fuck, I can't believe this shit, it's amazing beyond all reckoning! After all the jokes I've been making over the past month or so, for that to actually happen, fucking hell!!!!

The Poo Promotions tent at the SAI will always be hard to beat but there was some really good bands on this stage my highlights being KilnAboy, Roosky, Estel and the fucking brilliant The Offenders. It was good to lie in the grass and booze and watch the bands. Jasper Poo Promotions and Jason Los Langeros did a great job fair play.

God damn fuckers yolked out of their heads and sleeping on me jumper!! smelly bastids.

Highlights at this were múm, roosky, adebisi shank and getting to call the drummer from BoW a dickhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back