Manchester City (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Things aren't looking so good for City these days. Shinawatra is on the run - I bet the fans miss Peter Swales now!

rumours are that hughes is about to quit. thought it was quite strange that they were willing to sell corluka and ireland but supposedly shinawatra has been borrowing money to pay the wages as his assets have been frozen. so maybe they are stuck for cash.

add to that johnson turning down a new deal things are not looking good

Word on the web is that Corluka has actually properly signed for Spurs and that Spurs are going to take them to court about it. There may be an injunction stopping City from playing Corluka.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.
It'd be gas if Hughes quits.

Here, Off The Ball were saying they had some story about Stephen Ireland coming up last night but I never got to hear it. What happened?

something like this was always going to happen.
The premier league have to take part of the blame for allowing TS buying into Man City.
how the guy came about his money was always in question and his human rights abuses effectively meant he was always going to be on the back foot the whole time with Thailand authorities after him.
while man city fans may have thought what he was doing for the club was great surely they all knew in the back of their minds that this was always a possibility.
is this another leeds situation brewing? either way they have to cash in the players they have in the current non-spending environment.
Players like elano and petrov wont stay around a club like this for long!

found this over on boards.

Hughes on the way out??

"Let me start by saying that I am neither City or Spurs, but I do know a little about what is happening with Corluka due to a 'business' interest.

When Spurs first made contact, it was Shinawatra's people that agreed a fee with Spurs and told Corluka he was free to leave. They did that without Mark Hughes' knowledge or consent.

Corluka was suprised to say the least. When Hughes took over he told Corluka he was one of the mainstays in his future plan for MCFC. Nevertheless, Corluka travelled to London to meet with Spurs' people.

Hughes then found out about the deal, and basically vetoed it - which was something the Thai's people had agreed he could do with any transfer activity when he took over. That's when Corluka was summoned back to Manchester to go up to Glasgow for the Celtic friendly.

Behind the scenes a real row started between Hughes and certain elements of the board; Hughes furious that they had gone behind his back to sell Corluka to Spurs, and the board enraged that Hughes had effectively recalled him from London for the Celtic game.

Shinawatra's people told Hughes that evening that the deal was 'too good to turn down', largely due to Shinawatra's financial problems. So, immediately after the Celtic game, Corluka flew back to London to resume talks with Spurs.

When Spurs' initial offer was accepted, Corluka had no real desire to leave City. That wasn't anything against Spurs, more the vision for the future of MCFC he had been sold by Hughes and Cook. However, after meeting with Spurs and talking with Modric, Corluka was sold on Tottenham and agreed terms. He went through a two-day medical, which he passed without problem. He's been holed up in a London since early Friday morning - hence why he missed the club photo.

Spurs agreed the final details for the transfer with City yesterday morning, and Corluka put pen to paper on his player registration.

Then City's people accepted the offer from Sunderland for Stephen Ireland, and Hughes went properly mental. Twice in 48 hours he felt he was having players he wanted sold from under him. In a rage, it was Hughes who called Ireland and told him he was expected to report to the CoMS to report for the Milan game. Hughes putting him on for a couple of minutes was a big statement on his part.

Here comes the really interesting part.

Hughes last night told Cook he was through with City and wants out, the sale of Corluka and Ireland being the straw that broke the camel's back. He said if the Corluka deal went through particularly, he would be on his way out of City too.

At that point City have tried to derail the Corluka and Ireland deals.

BUT, Spurs claim to have completed the paper work for the transfer which has already been lodged with the FA and signed by someone from City with authorisation to do so. City say they agreed a sale in principle with Spurs, but that no final transfer documents had been signed.

As such Corluka, who was expecting to be paraded at White Hart Lane this afternoon, is in limbo. However, he has now set his heart on Spurs and linking up with Modric and has told City he will not return to the CoMS under any circumstances. He has been sold on Tottenham, and become frustrated with the background stuff taking place at City.

Spurs and City are maintaining their respective positions, but Spurs have basically told City that they are willing to see the issue go to court. They believe they have signed Corluka, and Corluka wants to play for them.

What a mess."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from an alleged employee of MCFC -

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive.

He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June).

Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control.

The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow.

Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he will have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will.

I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club.
It'd be gas if Hughes quits.

Here, Off The Ball were saying they had some story about Stephen Ireland coming up last night but I never got to hear it. What happened?

there was the stuff about the folically challenged one not meeting up with the city squad, but there main interest was in his refusal to rejoin the irish squad.

obviously he's good, and the OTB team have been generous to him in the past, but last night they slammed him.

basically the shit bag can go and fuck off and die if he doesn't want to play for ireland. he's a twat.... sell below for proof.

IrelandPinkRange_468x269.jpg

we are now the richest club in the land £30 billion apparently, the bought us for £150 million. hahahahahaha.
they said they are going to make us the biggest club in the premier league, we're already champions of manchester, c'mon!!!!!

we are now the richest club in the land £30 billion apparently, the bought us for £150 million. hahahahahaha.
they said they are going to make us the biggest club in the premier league, we're already champions of manchester, c'mon!!!!!

We let you win felt sorry for you was all:p

We let you win felt sorry for you was all:p

they've put in a 30 mil bid for berba. ha h aha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

WHO THE FUCK ARE MAN UNITED !!!!

i dont care if we get berbatov or not, its the fact that city are winding the rags up to no end with this, even if we dont get him united have to pay more than they wanted for him hahahaha

Now there are rumours that they've agreed a fee with Real for Robinho. Must be mental being a citeh fan today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back