Making flyers (1 Viewer)

penexpers

I need to get some flyers made, four to one A4 page style. What software do all you cool kids use for this? I ain't got a clue.

the most important thing with designing it to be sure you use high res images if you want a quality finished product

if it's to be printed properly save it as a cmyk file rather than an rgb file

most printers will take pdf, jpg, tif or eps formats

Quark express or photoshop are the best if you can get ahold of them. Just make sure you factor in the automatic border than (digital) printers need and you should be ok.

If you're just printing out at home I've found iPhoto's print options brilliant.
Just do your flyer at whatever size you want. Make the final thing into a high res jpg and dump it into iPhoto. Select it and hit print, then select N-Up and choose how many you want per sheet. iPhoto does the rest.

Don't bother with those tiny 1/4 of an a4 page things.. Go for 1/2 an a4 page. Far more satisfying plus the hard of sight can read them properly!

I've never had a problem. they're still pretty small like. People tend to lose the 1/4 ones but the 1/2 ones are a lot harder to lose.

gotta say it's very rare anyone asks us for a5 flyers, especially for gig/club events, in fact i reckon a6 are picked up more as they fit neatly in a pocket whereas a5 is a bit too big

gotta say it's very rare anyone asks us for a5 flyers, especially for gig/club events, in fact i reckon a6 are picked up more as they fit neatly in a pocket whereas a5 is a bit too big

I worked for a printers for a long time and I agree A6 (quarter of a page) much more common and cheaper if you are getting them printed up professionallly

So I'm the only person to print up a5 flyers? Maybe its because the last flyer I printed was a list of all the upcoming gigs that it suited a5 better..

well, we do/did a5 ones for umack, kino, bandicoot, pine lodge, etc but they're what we call 'a5 long' in that they're 105x297 as opposed to normal a5 which is 210x148.5mm, this way they keep the narrowness of an a6 but stand taller in the flyer racks around town

So I'm the only person to print up a5 flyers? Maybe its because the last flyer I printed was a list of all the upcoming gigs that it suited a5 better..

Thats true though depends on the particular design need to keep your design in proportion so the nearest size that keeps the text and images clear at the smallest possible area is generally the most economical and quality solution :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back