Major Complaints Thread (2 Viewers)

the lad on the phone raises his voice at me to which I ask why and he promptly hangs up.

Oh,and to complain about being shouted at and hung up on, I can only do so in writing. On paper. Because they really want to improve the service

I hope You got his name. Manners cost nothing. That Fucking arsehole needs reprimanding

It is farcical that you can be asked to pay for something twice. It shouldn't be possible. The system isn't fit for purpose and sooner or later it will happen to everyone who buys through mail from UK and ROW. It's happened to me.
This must be about the mark of Ombudsman stuff.

The guy who hung up on you is a prick and deserves any personal complaints he gets. Never had any call centre person be anything other than respectful and helpful.

I’ve had eir call centre staff be monumentally rude to me. To the point where it makes you think they’re doing it on purpose so they provoke you to swear, allowing them to cut off the call as per their manual.

An Post wasn’t any better a few months ago. Telling me the seller submitted the wrong IOSS number (when what most likely happened is someone in Revenue or elsewhere along the chain transposed digits and messed it all up) so I’m still out €60 for stuff from the UK I already paid the VAT on. Sent them the invoices and all but never heard back. Shower of you know whats.

i used to be in and out of an post a lot many years ago (late 90s). it was amazingly inefficiently run, at least the stuff i was exposed to.
e.g. one room with 11 people in it and 14 laser printers; rather than having one workgroup printer for them all.
several of them had two printers each, laserjet 1100s. small personal ones.

I’ve had eir call centre staff be monumentally rude to me. To the point where it makes you think they’re doing it on purpose so they provoke you to swear, allowing them to cut off the call as per their manual.

An Post wasn’t any better a few months ago. Telling me the seller submitted the wrong IOSS number (when what most likely happened is someone in Revenue or elsewhere along the chain transposed digits and messed it all up) so I’m still out €60 for stuff from the UK I already paid the VAT on. Sent them the invoices and all but never heard back. Shower of you know whats.
Eir customer service is legendarily bad. Only ever heard bad things - so it could well be a company policy.

When I was charged EU duty twice a year ago I just paid An Post and tried to sort it out later on*.
So all correspondence was done by email. They said the UK Discogs seller didn't have a registered EU VAT number and they never got the money.
It took about 8-10 days for them to reply.
I then asked them for all related invoices which I got but was told I had to go back to seller. So that was it, I dropped it then.

[email protected]

It is very silly they can charge you at two points - purchase and before An Post delivery. Service is not fit for purpose.

*The reason I didn't query it initially (waste of time anyway) was five people died in about a week in my area and I had other things to worry about Their 1st anniversaries are this week.

Urgh, ordered some records last week from the US, first time in years. Don't know what I was thinking, reading the above. Being delivered by something called DHL first mile, anyone had any joy with easy customs with that?

I guess it's cheaper for the sender than using the USPS and I think An Post handels all the smaller DHL packages these days so I'd imagine they will deliver and apply vat but you never know I usually get FedEx.

I wasn't charged EU VAT duty on the last three small things I got from UK in last few months.

A funny one was ordering an American double LP (Nervous Gender 1982 reissue) on Discogs from Holland it was about 31 Euro plus cheap postage. The business had another shop in California or something and said record would be shipped over in their next consignment and then sent on to me. Had it in a few weeks. Good deal.

Urgh, ordered some records last week from the US, first time in years. Don't know what I was thinking, reading the above. Being delivered by something called DHL first mile, anyone had any joy with easy customs with that?

I guess it's cheaper for the sender than using the USPS and I think An Post handels all the smaller DHL packages these days so I'd imagine they will deliver and apply vat but you never know I usually get FedEx.

Last mile in US shipping I think often means that a courier will get it part of the way before handing it off to the post office to actually deliver. If it's DHL who are actually bringing it into the country you'll likely get an e-mail from them saying to pay up. If they're handing it off to the USPS to send it on to Ireland I'd expect you to be contacted by an post in the usual way.

Amp has started crackling mysteriously/ominously at certain notes.
I took it apart and rebuilt it to tighten all anchor points, but it could be a loose joint or old cap somewhere (it’s 20 odd years old).
The ‘does this annoy me enough to try to diy fix it and invest time and money more than the absolute value of the amp’ consideration begins

Spent an hour this morning cleaning completely unnecessary messes caused by members of my household.
I am genuinely seething.
I am not able to process having to do unexpected work caused by thoughtless people who have a shaky concept of 'clean as you go'.

After decades cleaning for them I am despondent about ever getting them to realise that if you do things properly, then you save yourself work.

If people are consistently thoughtless (e.g. not washing up coffee cups) then they are likely to not put much critical thinking into anything unfortunately.

They've ruined my day and I don't feel like doing anything now. They will be told this later when I calm down.

I was a bit like that, but probably messier, so it is possible for people to change.
One time, my house was broken into and the Gardai were waiting for me when I got home, to warn me that they’d really messed up the place. My Dad walked in with me and gave me a discreet kick when I was halfway through saying “it’s actually not much different”.
I’ve gotten a lot better, but I did spend a few years living with Hives, who is a bit… particular.

Spent an hour this morning cleaning completely unnecessary messes caused by members of my household.
I am genuinely seething.
i'm the person who does most of the everyday tidying in this house. Little things like tidying the pile of shoes just inside the front door, or picking coats off the floor and hanging them on the coat stand, or moving dirty cups from the countertop to the dishwasher, or picking the cushions off the floor and putting them on the couch etc etc etc

Getting annoyed about it is a waste of emotional energy. Am I letting it go or just bottling it up? Who can tell

Amp has started crackling mysteriously/ominously at certain notes.
I took it apart and rebuilt it to tighten all anchor points, but it could be a loose joint or old cap somewhere (it’s 20 odd years old).
The ‘does this annoy me enough to try to diy fix it and invest time and money more than the absolute value of the amp’ consideration begins
I have a big old Laney, that I love. It started to manifest a big buzz, particularly whenever I played a Dflat on the low E string. Took it to several amp people, who could find nothing wrong, and this lasted a couple of years. Eventually took it to the late Mark Levins of Aladdins Amps who suggesting just fucking loads of glue into the cab, go over any joins near where the buzz seemed to be emanating from. Immediately fixed.

i'm the person who does most of the everyday tidying in this house. Little things like tidying the pile of shoes just inside the front door, or picking coats off the floor and hanging them on the coat stand, or moving dirty cups from the countertop to the dishwasher, or picking the cushions off the floor and putting them on the couch etc etc etc

Getting annoyed about it is a waste of emotional energy. Am I letting it go or just bottling it up? Who can tell
I am not able to cope with people continually repeating mistakes and not learning from them. Shocking lack of awareness in my eyes.
A lot of it in my house revolves around people eating messy food that I gave up eating over 30 years ago.
When people can't verbally explain why they behave a certain way, I am not able to process that. This often comes up when I talk about rejecting orthodox lifestyle choices.
I rarely get thanked for my work either.
I say "please", "thank you" and "sorry" a lot and find it strange when people don't.
I have no issues with anyone here other than the maintenance and cleaning of the house.
I've calmed down and will get back to work shortly.
In other words, I really should be living alone.
As a dead French lad said - "Hell is other people".

it's archaic - goes back to the days of towns/villages basically been in the ownership of a local aristocrat

Hahaha. You sound like me. I've let it go and am better for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• egg_
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back