Major Complaints Thread (1 Viewer)

Amy(my daughter) is going on a holiday for a week with her mum. Sorting out travel insurance and because she has, albeit very mild, cerbral palsy,her travel insurance costs (a euro)more.

off to the minor complaints thread now for my excessive use of brackets and coma's now.

And yes,a little bit anxious about looking after Eoin on my own for a week.

I'll be fine. Doesn't mean I won't be a little nervous. Avril was gonna get carers in for a night or two,but I thought I'm better giving it a go myself.

I'm wrecked all the time. Well, that's not strictly true. I'm grand on a monday, but by the time we get to friday I'm too bolloxed to be able to do anything worthwhile for the weekend. And it sucks fucking balls.

Get your bloods checked, might be a b12 thing.
well that's an interesting one. Last year around this time the same thing happened, only more severe. I was without energy for about a month. Went to the doctors, got sent for blood tests, wore one of those heart monitor things for 24 hours, did ECGs, and they found nothing wrong with me (like, too healthy, if anything). The doc explicitly said it was B12 she was concerned about, but the levels were grand.

I think it was a touch of chronic fatigue, which seems unexplainable (if you can't explain something, make something up - classic medicine), related to the weather, the pollen, etc.

I do semi-regular courses of Floradix, cos I'm a vegetarian and my diet is a bit shit. I always feel good when I'm on it (it boosts iron and B12, among other things). But I'm between courses at the moment. Might start another bottle later.

tbh, I think I just don't get enough sleep.

I don't think you can get a 'touch' of chronic fatigue, can you? A good friend has that, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (he describes it as think of your worst hangover and imagine that every single day; indefinitely).

I have a weird health issue myself going on a whole month. I get a stitch immediately after doing any kind of exercise - even just a short walk. Pain is alway in the right hand side. Been to the hospital twice but they basically said there's nothing wrong with me. Very frustrating. I'm starting to walk to work and cycle again now despite the pain just because I'm sick of not doing it.

nope, I was being a bit flippant. Like, I went to the doctor and was completely wrecked, only to have it confirmed to me that there was nothing wrong with me. Like, clearly there was. So I made up a diagnosis for myself.
Yeah it's frustrating. Twice in the past 12 months I've had doctors basically tell me there was nothing when there clearly was. You always get the same shite thrown at then as well - stress, IBS or some other nebulous bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back