múm in vicar street tonight (april 29) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 1
Múm were a load of me hole.

well, yer wan's "singing" was sooooo fucking distracting and repetitive and uninspired and one-trick-pony that she took away for the precious little that the band had to offer. there's a very fine gay line between angelic sweet music and turgid fucking boredom. they were on the wrong side.

highlight of the night - talking to pantone outside and watching andrew walking away from me.

the bearded lady said:

highlight of the night - talking to pantone outside and watching andrew walking away from me.

surely the highlight of your night was telling neil that you and the lads have an emergency fund at his disposal for the purchase of a one way flight, should he ever require it??

kirstie said:
surely the highlight of your night was telling neil that you and the lads have an emergency fund at his disposal for the purchase of a one way flight, should he ever require it??
or me telling you i'd give you a kick in the uterus if you dint leave me alone.
get the hint, bitchrag?!!

the bearded lady said:
or me telling you i'd give you a kick in the uterus if you dint leave me alone.
get the hint, bitchrag?!!
you said you'd give me a kick in the fallopians if memory serves

as he bet you with a wavin pipe and said the apostolic creed....?

I once was snakybus, is it not obvious?

A bit like "See you on the other side" era Mercury Rev, but with synths and fat-cat style glitches and squelches instead of the arhoulie flutes and musical saws and all the rest of it. Some of it sounds a bit like Rachel's too. Someone mentioned Flaming Lips above, that's a good comparison.

uh oh, mercury rev comparisons dont bode well. Think i'll avoid that one.

i cant belive my exams start tomorrow

Wrote that before I listened to 2nd cd, which is like a completely different band- less structured, more textured, mostly electronic, occasional burst of manic drumming shocks it into life. Still impressive, if that's your bag. Would guess they're more like this live- I suppose it depends what band shows up on the night.

Nothing wrong with mercury rev! Ok, their last album was shite, and deserters' songs cloyed the 1000th time you heard it, but the earlier stuff still stands up well, I think.

ah dont really havbe anything against them, just find them really boring. their singer has woeful voice, especially live

that animal collective double album is deadly. possibly the best thing i heard all last year (wasn't cool enough to have picked up the original issues a few years back ... i presume they're more or less impossible to pick up these days anyway).

One of us said:
A bit like "See you on the other side" era Mercury Rev, but with synths and fat-cat style glitches and squelches instead of the arhoulie flutes and musical saws and all the rest of it. Some of it sounds a bit like Rachel's too. Someone mentioned Flaming Lips above, that's a good comparison.
animal collective just recorded with vashti bunyan and it'll be out in november. she was at their gig in edinburgh, watching them play. i missed her by 5 minutes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back