múm in vicar street tonight (april 29) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 80
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 1
animal collective were great, one of the best things I've seen in ages, I was only really getting into it when it ended... I toally *heart* their guitar sounds, so good.

Mum were... just barely not that great at all.... I actually spent most of their set outside smoking ciggies and then talking to Beardy Lady and not listening to the Mum, so I guess i sort of enjoyed it... they are great musicians, and it all sounded very clear and good... but jesus I was just wating for something to happen... anything... something.... happen... please....

Pantone247 said:
animal collective were great, one of the best things I've seen in ages, I was only really getting into it when it ended... I toally *heart* their guitar sounds, so good.

Mum were... just barely not that great at all.... I actually spent most of their set outside smoking ciggies and then talking to Beardy Lady and not listening to the Mum, so I guess i sort of enjoyed it... they are great musicians, and it all sounded very clear and good... but jesus I was just wating for something to happen... anything... something.... happen... please....

yes and yes. sorry 'bout pokin you in the ribs on the way out mistah ;)

animal collective was one of the worst things i have ever seen. truly awful, like some muddy 80's flaming lips demo through a delay pedal. i *hate* bands who use delay pedals to simulate some kind of ambience. utter bollocks.
the only context delay pedals should be used in is brian may brighton rock style solos.

mum were great, not as good as spirit buh

dudley said:
animal collective was one of the worst things i have ever seen. truly awful, like some muddy 80's flaming lips demo through a delay pedal. i *hate* bands who use delay pedals to simulate some kind of ambience. utter bollocks.
the only context delay pedals should be used in is brian may brighton rock style solos.

i lurrrrved 'em.
i *love* bands who use delay pedals to simulate some kind of ambience. ;)

dudley said:
and another thing.

first person to bump our whelans gig thread gets my animal collective records

done.

this is when you tell me you don't actually own any animal collective records, right?

dudley said:
i think i have three
at least one of which is a double

i can deliver them to you in a bag full of writhing jellied eels for that truly sludge bollocks effect?

i purchased the double cd last night, but i'll gladly take the others offa your hands.

dudley said:
i think i have three
at least one of which is a double

i can deliver them to you in a bag full of writhing jellied eels for that truly sludge bollocks effect?

heh heh
'chasing a slug inside a jar'

(c) Dudley, 2004

dudley said:

aaaawwwwwwwhhhhhh, I think someone needs a hug!

:D

i thought múm were feckin class... i 'll say this much their accordian player is way hotter than the jimmy cake's

the animal collective were ok, though really only got into when your man was going mad on the drums, that was class

im really surprised that people werent impressed with Mum. They must have been totally different live than on record.

although, i cant imagine ever listening to them anywhere but at home. not exactly "living it up" music i spose.

Alan Remorse said:
im really surprised that people werent impressed with Mum. They must have been totally different live than on record.

although, i cant imagine ever listening to them anywhere but at home. not exactly "living it up" music i spose.
didnt you know that múm arent eh..in? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back