Mór Festival (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
broken arm said:
darn tootin!!

if your organising stuff on Sunday night is there another campsite/hostel type place where we can lay our heads.

well theres b&bs and there will be a some late buses back to Dublin. these are limited though...

i dunno of any camp sites or hostels at the mo'

billygannon said:
That's where I will be sleeping.

Seriously though lads... everyone will be bringing cans.

yeah i know, but that's the official line and we have to state that no booze can be brought onto the castle grounds.

unofficially - i would suggest being discreet with the aul' cans and the drugs.

*ITEM*
Coldspoon Conspiracy will NOT be playing Mór. This is due to Ronan being sold as a Monchichi to a six year old girl and has to attend a tea party with Barbie and Action Man.

Left a message on your voicemail, Anne O'Malley

billygannon said:
*ITEM*
Coldspoon Conspiracy will NOT be playing Mór. This is due to Ronan being sold as a Monchichi to a six year old girl and has to attend a tea party with Barbie and Action Man.

Left a message on your voicemail, Anne O'Malley
Shut it Billy! ya fucking slut*

*you wish

The Coldspoons will play! and they will rock!

The line up yet again subject to change...the coldspoon will be playing Sunday....stay tuned here and the website for more updates and the live link up wouldn't be a bad idea except no Mossy to do the sound desk!

spectraljanitor said:
what about bottles?

Jesus you're posh. Bottles! What next? What kind of coffee beans are they serving behind the counter? Is there an oxygen tent? La-di-da. Bottles are posh - unless they're plastic.

"Buckrake" - I want to stay in your house.

"spectraljanitor" - How are you getting down from Galway?

billygannon said:
Jesus you're posh. Bottles! What next? What kind of coffee beans are they serving behind the counter? Is there an oxygen tent? La-di-da. Bottles are posh - unless they're plastic.

"spectraljanitor" - How are you getting down from Galway?

i reckons its more "across" and "up" from the west!!
I'll probably hitch the ass and cart together and travel the road east, if i leave tonight I'll get there in time for the first act i reckon. somebody told me about an iron horse but i think its witchcraft cause we're burning him at the stake tonight in the moonlight... ;)

Pantone247 said:
so as a native can you tell me what the local "talent" is like?

where would a few young men go to pick up some hotties?

;) ;)

well as anyone who has been there will tell you, county offaly is the sweden of ireland - all the women are tall, busty and sweet as brown cake. these rangy beauties are long-limbed, tanned and lean from regularly walking large distances across bogland to bring lunch to the men folk. it's enough to make a man take up religion and praise the lord.

you'll find them on sunday morning cycling home from mass along the bohereens, wearing long floral print dresses and singing absentmindedly to themselves.

if you want i can hook you up.... but it'll cost ya. check out my website for details. www.tullamoreslutz.ie/price-list/

FACT: Tullamore consistently records the highest hairspray sales in Ireland. Year after year after year. There's just no beating Tullamore hairdos. Bouffant's and perms are this years mullet for those crazy Tullamore lassies.

FACT: Shopping in Tullamore is largely confined to one of the two branches of Heartbeat City (record shop) as they invariably have limited editions of albums on their racks considerably longer than anywhere else. Only recently when stuck in the town for an interminably long time I managed to pick up Pulp's "This Is Hardcore" digipack thingiemidjig with the free live at Glastonbury CD.

FACT: Most of the pubs, with the possible and passable exceptions of 'The Brewery Tap' and 'Loughreys', are very very scary places indeed.

FACT: Er... that's it.

Alan Latchley said:
FACT: Most of the pubs, with the possible and passable exceptions of 'The Brewery Tap' and 'Loughreys', are very very scary places indeed..

Hmm. These two pubs are the most yuppified in the town. Given Mr. Latchley's total lack of objectivity (him being a big jessie if he's afraid of all the other pubs in Tullamore...), I hereby present the Buckrake's Tullamore Pub Guide 2003. All you lot will be up in the Castle and probably won't get near a pub, but here goes for the few men/women, stout and true, who want a true pint of stout.

Wrafters: Rough and ready, home to Trad sessions, Travellers weddings and all night lock-ins. The owner is a head case. But a nice head case.

Joe Lees: Fine pub. Trad music courtesy of Joe himself. Shitty keyboard duos in the Lounge. Gig on the Friday, DJ competition on the Saturday, could be a giggle.

Bob Smith's: A legendary pub, populated with the under 18s and over 65s of the town. Guinness nicer than a handjob in a seminary (?). Strangers welcomed like prodigal offspring.

Nanny Kelly's: A tiny place, but fantastic sport. Really bright and old and stinky. The best pub in Tullamore perhaps.

Digan's: A big GAA pub but one of the best in town. Certainly one of the most lively and always good for late drinking. Owner Ray Digan looks like Charlie Chaplin.

Loughrey's: A big new shit hole with girls wearing fake tan and bad chart music played too loud. The place to be on a Saturday night!

Brewery Tap: One for the older crowd, rather boring, good for late pints. Favoured haunt of the wife swapping set.

Spollens: One of Tullamore's finest institutions, hasn't been painted in my lifetime. Great Guinness. Lots of swarthy Killeigh men in here, all of whom are related to each other. A fine spot.

Number 1: A hellish open plan dishco, stay away unless desperate. Impossible to get to the bar, lots of drunk teenagers and horrible music.

Stringfellows: As above only with a more rural crowd. Avoid.

Emmm.... oh yeah... Wyers: Bit of a kip, lots of auld wans nursing Powers. Nice for a quite pint.

Emmmmmm...... Eugene's: Nice pub. Nice crowd, but if you see my ex girlfriend in there, slap her for me.

Mallet Tavern: The pool cues are taped in the middle for a reason...

That's all i can think of right now. If anyone makes it 'downtown' this could be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back