Lunchin’ Dublin (2 Viewers)

at the wedding i was at in venice in september (of a thumpeder), gary from imbibe coffee was there and tweeted how disappointing italian coffee was, that they were doing it wrong. he ended up with a minor social media kerfuffle to handle while enjoying the sights.

at the wedding i was at in venice in september (of a thumpeder), gary from imbibe coffee was there and tweeted how disappointing italian coffee was, that they were doing it wrong. he ended up with a minor social media kerfuffle to handle while enjoying the sights.

I wonder how his anaerobic fermentation beans would go in a moka pot.

Was he trolling, calling the Italians bad at coffee? Signing his own death sentence surely.
Coffee is notoriously terrible in Italy, and it's kind of on purpose. I forget the story, but I think it was a wartime thing, they were unable or not allowed to import decent beans, so the only beans available were cheap and terrible. To make them drinkable they would have to be over roasted. To then make them sellable they had to be really cheap.

It's why most Italians would balk at paying more than an euro for an espresso, it's meant to be an affordable, quick pick me up in the morning, not to be savoured and enjoyed.

Coffee is notoriously terrible in Italy, and it's kind of on purpose. I forget the story, but I think it was a wartime thing, they were unable or not allowed to import decent beans, so the only beans available were cheap and terrible. To make them drinkable they would have to be over roasted. To then make them sellable they had to be really cheap.

It's why most Italians would balk at paying more than an euro for an espresso, it's meant to be an affordable, quick pick me up in the morning, not to be savoured and enjoyed.
Get it together lads. You went and invented espresso and now you can't even make a decent one.

coffee shops are the biggest sign of gentrification I can think of. once one opens your street/area is nearly finished. the whole concept of them is vile and I wouldn't set foot in one.

coffee shops are the biggest sign of gentrification I can think of. once one opens your street/area is nearly finished. the whole concept of them is vile and I wouldn't set foot in one.
No doubt coffee shops CAN be a sign of gentrification, and in a world of cities hollowed out for tourism and air bnbs they often are, but it need not be the case. Lack of imagination is a scourge in this world.

Speaking of coffee shops, yesterday I got a Cajun chicken wrap from CoffeeAngel and it was lovely. Nice bit of chicken, sweet potato, crunchy potatoes, nice flavoured mayonnaise and heated. Kind of want another now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back