Lunchin’ Dublin (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
Given that there’s been so much change in town over Covid, I thought it would be good to have a thread for good eating in Dublin.

Today I’m having a Teriyaki duck bento box from Ninja Sushi on Lombard St. Will report back on this particular item but it’s a good spot for lunch in general.

Went to WokeCup Cafe near Smithfield there a few weeks back; great food, better coffee than most coffee shops, big Palestinian flag up, celebrity irish author sighting, sure what else do you want? I almost felt like we could return to moaning about hipsters being there.

Went to WokeCup Cafe near Smithfield there a few weeks back; great food, better coffee than most coffee shops, big Palestinian flag up, celebrity irish author sighting, sure what else do you want? I almost felt like we could return to moaning about hipsters being there.
Been there one or twice for lunch myself lately and it’s been nice. So has the Vegan Sandwich place a few doors down.

Also liked the sandwiches in Oxmantown in Smithfield Square

I’ve been told the pastries in Proper Order near the square are lovely too

If you ask for a flat white, they'll give you a cappuccino. As has been the missus' experience with that place.

If you ask for a flat white, they'll give you a cappuccino. As has been the missus' experience with that place.
Well that's not good! When I was there the owner was taking time to explain to someone what kinds of milk would and wouldn't work with their coffee order.

(stands up on bus) i don't know what the difference between a flat white and a cappucino is.
They're both drinks made from espresso but they are made differently with a different level of milk in them, a cappucino also has foamy stuff on top and a flat white does not. Cappucino's originate from Italy at some point in the mid 20th century while flat white's were formalized in Australia or New Zealand at some point in the 90s I think. Flat white's probably grew out of Latte's, which have much more milk than either of the above, but is also a form of coffee drink based on espresso.

I mean, being that they're all based on espresso they're not miles away from each other at the end of the day but I don't really like cappuccinos or latte's and I do like flat white's so...

A proper coffee shop owner would be telling them no milk is what they should be using.
aha, well, I think helping people with their order is one thing, doing High Fidelity but for coffee is... a genius idea that we should copyright and cash in on.

aha, well, I think helping people with their order is one thing, doing High Fidelity but for coffee is... a genius idea that we should copyright and cash in on.

The real money would be in recommending almond/oat/etc for everything and then sticking a 50 cent surcharge for it like a lot of places do.

They're both drinks made from espresso but they are made differently with a different level of milk in them, a cappucino also has foamy stuff on top and a flat white does not. Cappucino's originate from Italy at some point in the mid 20th century while flat white's were formalized in Australia or New Zealand at some point in the 90s I think. Flat white's probably grew out of Latte's, which have much more milk than either of the above, but is also a form of coffee drink based on espresso.

I mean, being that they're all based on espresso they're not miles away from each other at the end of the day but I don't really like cappuccinos or latte's and I do like flat white's so...
cheers, i usually drink my coffee black so am not familiar with the milky variations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back