Low Down on Gangs (1 Viewer)

Donkey OJ

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]for the baby boomers amongst us. this shit is real. this shit is happening in phibsboro right now! educate yourselves and your kids and escape the downward spiral and trenchcoat fashion faux pas.

peeth.

Commonly Asked Questions About Gangs: Q: I think my son or daughter is in a gang. How can I be sure?
A: Ask them. Your son or daughter may come right out and admit to being in a gang. If not, look for a number of identifiers that you can use to determine possible gang involvement. A few identifiers include: *Gang slang being used in everyday conversation. *Excessive amounts of clothes in two color combinations, such as blue and black, gold and black, unicorns and rainbows. *Wearing gold or silver pendants and rings with the shapes of dollar signs, automatic guns, purple rainbows, green marshmellows, crowns, and so forth. * Listening to rap artist musicans on their televison programs. * Too much secrecy, or your child refusing to tell you where they are going or with whom. * Being black, or Hispanic. * Tricky ryhme-flow around the house. * You son or daughter not wanting you to meet their "new friends." * Your son or daughter having large amounts of unexplained cash. * Gang graffiti written on books, clothing, even inside the brim of a baseball cap. * A sudden drop in school performance. * Pumpin' bass. Q: My Child admits to being in a gang. What do I do now?A: Tell them under no certain terms will you tolerate any gang language, gang clothing, gang friends, gang banging, dirty dancing, and so forth, in your home. Adopt a zero tolerance approach. Stand Firm. Tell them you love them but that you do not approve. Voice the dangers of what the gang life can bring: getting hurt or killed, or arrested and sent to prison or to fat camp. Ask them if they want to leave the gang. KEEP ASKING. Leave the lines of communication open. Be supportive, but again, stand firm. Firm, and hard. Q: Are gangs just made up of Blacks and Hispanics from the inner city?A: More or less, but gangs cut across all ethnic and racial lines. It's true that the majority of gangs are made up of these two groups; however, there is a growing number of white adolescents who are either joining minority gangs or forming their own. These cracker gangs copy many of the same characteristics as minority gangs, such as clothing styles, hand signs, colors, symbols, and graffiti. They also frequently listen to popular 'rap musicians' on their am/fm radios. Unfortunately, they have also adopted the same types of crimes: selling drugs, extortion, trespassing, computer fraud, and drive-by shootings, to name a few. Larger city gangs migrate to smaller suburban towns to spread their drug trade and look for prospective members. Many people think that the TRENCHCOAT MAFIA was a group of social outcasts---when in reality---they were a gang. LAW ENFORCEMENT DEFINITION OF A GANG: (see if this fits the Trenchcoat Mafia) A street gang is a structured, cohesive group of individuals, usually between the ages of eleven and twenty-five, who generally operate under some form of leadership while claiming a territory or turf. (A high school) Gang members wear distinctive clothing, (black trenchcoats) use special street names and symbols, (spoke German and wore swatikas)and commit organized and spontaneous criminal acts within the community. Q: Are there any girl gangs?A: Yes. Experts say of the 600,000 to 950,000 gang members in the United States, female gangs make up up between 10 and 15 percent. Although many female gangs serve as auxiliaries to male gangs, there has been a surge of female gangs that operate on their own. Because female gang members believe they must prove themselves to their male counterparts, they will use extreme violence against other female gangs or, in some rare instances, against male gangs. So they are just as dangerous. Q: There seems to be a lot of gang activity coming from my neighbor's house. What should I do?A: If there is not a neighborhood watch in your area, consider establishing one. Neighbors who organize themselves to rid their streets of gang houses do much better than individuals who try to go it alone. There is safety in numbers--gangs use this concept constantly. Neighbors, with the assistance and directions of the police, can begin to address neighborhood gang activity in effective ways if they work together. Q: Are gangs just made up of kids and teenagers?A: Surprisingly, juveniles under the age of 18 make up only a small percentage of a gang's membership. Many hard-core and associate gang members are individuals in their twenties who may have been incarcerated either in the local jail, state prison, or both. Older members recruit children to do many of the gang's illegal activities, knowing that if kids get caught, they will usually receive a much lighter sentence than adults. It should also be noted that in some areas of the country, particularly in economically depressed areas and where jobs are scarce, gang members are joining up for the first time while in their 20's. This is done for financial reasons. Q: How big is the gang problem?A: The latest statistics provided by the National Youth Gang Center reveal that there are over 25,000 gangs nationwide, with a total membership of over 600,000. It's also suggested that these figures may be conservative estimates. Police departments and communities tend to under-report their gang problem. Total gang population of the United States may actually be between 850,000 to 950,000 To give you an idea of the size of the gang problem: * There are nearly as many gangs as there are McDonald's, Burger King's, and Wendy's combined. [/FONT]

I'm actually in a gang called the Stinkpigs. We have stripes and use weapons and have a warchief and everything!

We're looking for other gangs to rumble with so if anyone knows anyone in another gang not the stinkpigs maybe you could pm me.... thanks

my cuzzint is in the sylvanian families - a westside gang of young men with erections. they'll re-arrange your furniture YO!

telford collier said:
Big Up the FLp
this is not a "joke" thread telford. look what can happen if teenage gangs in suburban areas go unchecked.

71.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back