Louis Theroux goes gambling (2 Viewers)

That old man was so unbelievably insane. He must have had siphilus or something.... thast my explanation for all insanity. That or inbreeding.

Feel sorry for the kids and the teenagers who were raised that way.

Pastor /Reverend Phelps and his daughter are just so nuts though. Nothing they said made any sense. Just crazy ideas that "God" had tricked George Bush's advisors into making George Bush send troops to Iraq so that they could be killed so therefore God was punishing earth for having gay people.

And those signs. Just stupid. "Fag "insert group here" ".

The ex-documentry maker seemed a little nuts and brainwashed aswell. Thankfully there are only 70 people in the "church".

Really weird beliefs.
Neo nazis' hate is just as angry and ridiculous but their's seemed to be based in sociality. The Phelps' beliefs are all spiritually fuelled.

and the boy who got hit at one of the pickets...poor things :(

Yeah - that upset me. Poor kid.
Imagine being that young and having to deal with the fact that everyone hates you and not having a clue why.

The colouring of their signs makes them look like student rastafarians.

ha! the wan said pretty much the same thing. funny.

Yeah - that upset me. Poor kid.
Imagine being that young and having to deal with the fact that everyone hates you and not having a clue why.

yeah. there are some nutters in the making there. some of those older girls seemed so normal and, dare i say it, pleasant.

Why didn't Louis go interview some of the people who'd left the church? Thought that was a bit remiss of him, but then again he is a bit of a jew fag enabler.

I think Louis summed it up perfectly when he said Gramps Phelps is just fuelled by hate and picks and chooses what he wants from the bible, the hate probably comes from a homosexual encounter back in the day and the documentry film maker had reppressed self hating gay written all over him (not unlike Chris Coopers character in American Beauty)

These biker guys turn up at all the funerals they are picketing to hide them fro mthe mourners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

I'm suprised this didn't happen more in the documentry
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quite an amazing show.

It's pretty ridiculous the way they can get away with statements like "GOD HATES FAGS", which is offensive to many people (on so many levels). At the same time though, the big issue for me must be how their children are being brought up. How can it be ok for parents to raise their children with such a warped mindset? Are they not putting their kids in danger by making them walk around with such offensive slogans and attitudes? I know the US isn't the wild west, but surely it's only a matter of time before someone pulls a gun on one of their picket lines, rather than a soft-drink.

YOU'RE GONNA EAT YOUR BABIES...?!?!? Fab!

It's nothing to do with anything so old-fashioned as politics, ethics, morals, logic or reasoning. Old man Phelps is a classic self-hating cock-gobbler.

I think Louis was quite weak on both occassions when he tried to interview the Pastor. The whole thin was pretty sad though; especially the chatty boy who didn't understand what 'fags' meant.

I remember when Phelps was on the Adrian Kennedy phone show a god number of years ago.

What was the context of the baby eating spiel again?

I thought the documentry maker was the most the vicious of the lot alongside Phelps' daughter. A likely closet homosexual for sure.

I thought the documentry maker was the most the vicious of the lot

I didn't quite get this guy's background - did he come to "do a Theroux" on the Phelpseseses and somehow they won him over with their excellent rasta sign-making facilities or something? And now he's hating swedish jew fags like a good thing?

They had a point about Liza Minnelli though. Even if she was sort of alright as The Penguin in Batman Returns.

I didn't quite get this guy's background - did he come to "do a Theroux" on the Phelpseseses and somehow they won him over with their excellent rasta sign-making facilities or something? And now he's hating swedish jew fags like a good thing?
[/I].

Yeah thats pretty much it. Man they are so childish. "Sweden is Fags" "America is Fags", no they are countries. Morons.

And then the random Icons on the posters. Man oh man.

Its impossible to make sense or logic out of their horrid beliefs. Maybe you could get back to the route of Phelps' hate but that would be unlikely judging by how he acts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back