LOTR: The Two Towers (1 Viewer)

Fish and Chips originated from the port city of Cadiz, which is also the oldest city currently in Europe. It is believed that the Phoenicians built it. So you could speculate that fish and chips are the oldest meal in Europe. And Middle Earth being a mock-up of Europe (and possibly a cry back to a Europe before the last major ice age), it might in fact be historical fact. The height of Phoenicians is disputable, but taking into account the increase of food intake among humans, the average height of people over the millenia would have probably increased.

Therefore, in this vague historical period Tolkien has written about, it is very possible that dwarf-like people ate fish and chips.

L"orc"anzo, I'm talking to you too

You're very smart. Very, very smart. But you can't explain one thing: the magic ring.

(Unless you're referring to men having sex with horses, of course...)

Originally posted by Knacker
Fish and Chips originated from the port city of Cadiz, which is also the oldest city currently in Europe. It is believed that the Phoenicians built it. So you could speculate that fish and chips are the oldest meal in Europe. And Middle Earth being a mock-up of Europe (and possibly a cry back to a Europe before the last major ice age), it might in fact be historical fact. The height of Phoenicians is disputable, but taking into account the increase of food intake among humans, the average height of people over the millenia would have probably increased.

Therefore, in this vague historical period Tolkien has written about, it is very possible that dwarf-like people ate fish and chips.

Re: L"orc"anzo, I'm talking to you too

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
You're very smart. Very, very smart. But you can't explain one thing: the magic ring.

(Unless you're referring to men having sex with horses, of course...)

Oh... that's simple. Because the dwarves were miners, and it being unlikely that they had gas lamps or modern electrical lamps, it can be assumed that their eye-sight was terrible. Perhaps there was a ring that was so shiny the effect it would have would be to "blind" these dwarf people. In effect, this would make the wearer "invisible".

To find out more about equine-dwarf eroticism, you can always rent out "Animal Farm 2: Shorties, Horsies, Piggies and Ass"

No, we're getting other, older ones.

The EU Structural Funds Commission and the World Bank have joined forces. As a result, some time in the new year, Istanbul (or Constantinople as it will once again be known) is to be lifted onto 330,000 pairs of roller skates and wheeled around Europe for a 9-month tour.

Wowed critics are referring to the city as "the Bob Dylan of urban transport".

Originally posted by silo
why, are they going to be moving it?

No, we're getting other, older ones.

The EU Structural Funds Commission and the World Bank have joined forces. As a result, some time in the new year, Istanbul (or Constantinople as it will once again be known) is to be lifted onto 330,000 pairs of roller skates and wheeled around Europe for a 9-month tour.

it'll take an awful lot of raw energy and physical effort to do that...

Wowed critics are referring to the city as "the Bob Dylan of urban transport".

...so i'm sure they'll admit that it's a tour-de-force.

ba-dum, tish!

actually, no, that didn't really work.

I've just been invited to go home early - yarooo!

However, I have to admit that the pope's last post is sending me home a very confused Anne. Cheers, your excellency.

Originally posted by the pope
"phrases that come to mind:

mind if i come to fraisers?"

hee hee i said that before.
and laughed at myself.

she said no, incidently...

LOTR!LOTR!

Zoinks, saw it last night with tolkeinophile(!?) gf, a great movie to play "If you know what I mean" with. Y'know, say "if you know what I mean" after every single line of the filim, making all kinds of really clever and y'know naughty sounding phrases?was that a tumbleweed rolling by? Anyhoo, I thought it was pretty grand, although I did get bits of Jarjar binks syndrome from gollem/whazizataorm... I get so spoiled by the old skool depth-of-focus type camera tricks they use so effectively in the 2 films it just doesn't have the same impact seeing so much continuous computer generated stuff. Granted, the gollem scenes (saw this on some "making of" tv show) were actually filmed in real time on the settings with an actor scrambling along in character, his shots were like comped with the generated stuff. So I'm sure this is all über state of the art production value, I reckon the generated stuff just doesn't look...."real" yet. Anybody else think gollem was a wee syrupy at times? Visually and emotionally? Am I a sad unsettling nerd for asking after a fictional characters' emotional depth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back