Longitude 2015 (1 Viewer)

I have heard of four of those bands and have actually heard one (Chemical Brothers). I'm convinced MCD have a random band name generator that they use to bulk out announcements like this. What's a Wolf Alice? I got excited thinking it was Wolf Eyes for a second.

WHELAN’S LIVE STAGE LINE UP ANNOUNCED FOR LONGITUDE

The Whelan’s Live stage makes a welcome return to Longitude this summer bringing some of the finest up & coming bands to Marlay Park. Having celebrated their 25th anniversary last year the Whelan’s Live stage at Longitude continues the iconic venues ethos of showcasing quality new artists.

Performing this year will be Wolf Alice fresh from their stunning Glastonbury appearance and release from their critically acclaimed debut album, one of the most exciting homegrown acts this year Girl Band, Mercury Music prize nominated Nick Mulvey, Punk duo Slaves and Sheffield rockers Drenge.

Also joining them will be New Orleans based songwriter Benjamin Booker, London psych-pop four piece Gengahr, Australian singer-songwriter Josef Salvat who first captured our attention with his version of the Rihanna hit ‘Diamonds’, U.S. rockers The Districts London electro pop newcomersHaelos, handpicked by Radio 1 as a Next Hype act, Essex indie quartet The Bohicas and homegrown acts Otherkin, Spies and Princess who will be playing their final show ever at the festival.

Also featuring on the Whelan’s Live stage are Level Heads, Madison Front and The Dead Sets.

All three acts were chosen as winners of CANVAS, the Grainstore’s Youth Arts Committee, Battle of the Bands. Each winner was chosen by public vote of those who attended the recent final of the competition at the Grainstore, Cabinteely.

TICKET INFORMATION
Weekend tickets €149.50 / Day tickets €59.50
All ticket prices are inclusive of booking fee
Subject to licence

Tickets for Longitude are available to purchase now from Ticketmaster.ie.

This years Longitude takes place at Marlay Park from July 17th - 19th and will be headlined by Hozier, Alt-J and The Chemical Brothers.

I'm going on the Sat to see Alt-J and Caribou, probably will also go and see Jungle and Girl Band and Daphni. Any other recommendations?

Why are hip-hop acts so hit and miss? Pusha T's few decent tunes are overwhelmed by his tedious tough-guy schtick

On the sat, I'd recommend checking out Princess (Dublin band) and Hudson Mohawke (really dig his new record).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back