Longitude 2015 (3 Viewers)

I'm going on the Sat to see Alt-J and Caribou, probably will also go and see Jungle and Girl Band and Daphni. Any other recommendations?

Why are hip-hop acts so hit and miss? Pusha T's few decent tunes are overwhelmed by his tedious tough-guy schtick

i'd recommend not going but if you like Caribou you might like Daphni

I was disappointed by them, left after a few songs. Deadly to look at, but the guitar was just a wall of noise, couldn't really hear properly what it was doing

My enjoyment of the day was kinda spoiled by the crowds drunk/high teens. They weren't there for the bands, they were there to interact with each other, and the music wasn't loud enough to drown them out. Even right up near the front at Caribou it was all going up on shoulders and doing funny dancing and "Did you see Jake got sick?" and "Sorcha went off with Calum". I don't begrudge you your fun, babies, but can't you go away and have it somewhere else?

I was disappointed by them, left after a few songs. Deadly to look at, but the guitar was just a wall of noise, couldn't really hear properly what it was doing

My enjoyment of the day was kinda spoiled by the crowds drunk/high teens. They weren't there for the bands, they were there to interact with each other, and the music wasn't loud enough to drown them out. Even right up near the front at Caribou it was all going up on shoulders and doing funny dancing and "Did you see Jake got sick?" and "Sorcha went off with Calum". I don't begrudge you your fun, babies, but can't you go away and have it somewhere else?

Yeah I'm done with Irish Frstivals

Yeah I'm done with Irish Frstivals
Amen. Irish festivals are not music festivals, they're kitchen sink festivals.

The only decent gigs anymore are those with a majority of chin strokers. Everyone else succumbs to being that cunt who won't stop talking or gathering evidence for SOCIAL MEDJA.

Amen. Irish festivals are not music festivals, they're kitchen sink festivals.

The only decent gigs anymore are those with a majority of chin strokers. Everyone else succumbs to being that cunt who won't stop talking or gathering evidence for SOCIAL MEDJA.

I foolishly bought a ticket to that Beatyard thing a while ago. I'm considering selling it. I just don't have the patience for big crowds and arseholes anymore to the point that I accidentally could land myself in a fight.
Having said that if the sun is out and I've a few tasty beverages it could be fun.
And while I'm having a rant, I'm also sick to death of laptop 'musicians'. One or two lads twisting knobs really just bores me to tears.
It'll never even approach the joy of watching actual musicians play together

FWIW I've had some of the best weekends of my life at Irish music festivals

Also I've no problem with laptop musicians - Daphni at Longitude was one of the highlights, twiddling his knobs and grinning his big happy grin. Put me on a good buzz. Musicians who don't go in for theatrics are equivalent to button-pushers for me - sure, acts like Nick Cave or The Knife are more interesting to look at, but I'm mostly there for the tunes

FWIW I've had some of the best weekends of my life at Irish music festivals

Also I've no problem with laptop musicians - Daphni at Longitude was one of the highlights, twiddling his knobs and grinning his big happy grin. Put me on a good buzz. Musicians who don't go in for theatrics are equivalent to button-pushers for me - sure, acts like Nick Cave or The Knife are more interesting to look at, but I'm mostly there for the tunes

I think it's just the sheer amount of them that appear to be on every stage everywhere all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back