Logic? (1 Viewer)

avernus

Anyone here use it? is it worth a damn? If I was going to get it, would I be better off with something else?

avernus said:
Anyone here use it? is it worth a damn? If I was going to get it, would I be better off with something else?

i used it a bit a couple of years ago. its good, you can do pretty much anything you want with it though i found its windows odd after using protools - everything popped up in its own window, took a bit of getting used to. also, you couldnt do very fine audio editing in it like in protools but it had better midi features. its probably all changed now. oh and its mac only...

indeed. logic is now a mac only app, since apple bought emagic a few years ago. prior to that it was pc/mac.

I've always found it to be quite good actually. used it a lot a few years back. always more stable that the older, pre nuendo era versions of cubase by a mile.

always prefered the basic plugin set as well. much better quality etc.

so in summary: s'grand. but if you got a PC, you're gonna have to track down an old copy. not sure if that'd be a problem.

They don't support it on PC anymore, I beileve. I also hear it's a great program, but it's pretty pricey too. All depends on what you want it for. I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl, but I don't see myself buying a Mac anytime soon.

cool. yeah I was thinking of getting a powerbook just for audio. I think logic is around a grand or something.

there's a version of logic - Logic express i think that's cheaper i think. seems to have a lot going for it. slightly less intuitive than cubase/nuendo in parts, but that's just my own prejudice. it 'may' also be cracked. ow! can i say that?

i use logic 7 on a powerbook g4. very stable and shit loads of cool plug ins/synths/virtual stuff.

the drum programmer on it is way better than the one in reason and and it's as easy or as hard as you want it to be in terms of usability.

it's expensive enough but i much prefer it to protools.

one piece of advice, dont buy a digi 02 or any digidesign audio interface cause they are not so stable using logic as they might claim to be. a motu or hammerfall interface is much better. p.m me if i can help in any way.

logic is cool.

Logic Express is pretty cool. and if you record ur basic stuff on garage band and save it you can then open it back up with logic express/pro.

can make 'reason' slave to it and a non-cracked version of 'ableton live' too.

takes most compatible audio/midi interfaces.

i like it a lot!baggyyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back