Lip Piercings (1 Viewer)

mackle

Anyone here got them? How long do they usually take to heal? I am considering getting it done but need to get it done before I go back to school so I have time to let it heal properly.

emo-hairfull.jpg

I presume about 3 months... that's the average right?

has anyone seen that Meteor ad on the darts "everyones get along" and this big pierced ear stretched punk is there having great craic with these irish models. wtf!! actually does anyone know him? what self respecting... ehm he's wearing a band tshirt too in the ad, can't remember who tho... well look out for it

oh yeah and i got my nostril pierced. everytime i touch it my whole face is paralysed in pain. I want to get a big knacker jewel so I can fit in at work.

they heal very quickly. at least mine did. originally i had a labret but i asked ken to pierce it so that a ring would look just as comfortable, and i ended up wearing the ring instead.

you need to be fastidious about cleaning it, avoid touching it with your hands, etc. plus kissing will be out of the question for a wee while until it heals.

It's an anti-nowhere league t-shirt. And he looks like he's havin a tohdal ball.

Mouth piercings heal quickly if you're clever about it. What LaLa said and don't smoke or eat sweets or any stupid shit- lots of warm salty water.

However, that being said again, make sure you really want it because it can be a pain in the hole when it comes to going for jobs. Well it was back in the 90s anyway, maybe they're more accepting of it now.

Wormo said:
However, that being said again, make sure you really want it because it can be a pain in the hole when it comes to going for jobs. Well it was back in the 90s anyway, maybe they're more accepting of it now.

it's true, mack-attack.
the ONLY reason i took mine out was because i knew it wouldnt be acceptable when i came to work here.
in saying that no one ever had a problem with my nape piercing but then it wasnt as noticeable.
getting back to the lip, i was even met with some reservation when i was looking for bar jobs in NZ. it really depends on the employer i guess.

Do what i did - grow a soulpatch and take out the ring for interviews and such, makes the hole less noticable. Stopped wearing mine a year or so ago, no real reason, just did.

EDIT oh yeah, it's mackle. Maybe paint on some facial hair?

Wormo said:

Yeh I've been waiting until I got a job this summer before I thought of getting it done. I just got a job this week so I suppose if I get it done I doubt they can tell me to get it out or fire me for it.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Yeh I've been waiting until I got a job this summer before I thought of getting it done. I just got a job this week so I suppose if I get it done I doubt they can tell me to get it out or fire me for it.

They can. it's the reason ive had my eyebrow pierced 8 times and had my second horizontal eyebrow piercing done there two weeks ago. I used to have plasters all over my face during school and the days of working in Dunnes off license.

A few things to watch out for

I remember a funny moment in the old foggy dew where a girl got her lip peircing caught in her fellas tongue piercing..much to everyones amusement

also a mate had his foreskin torn to bits while his girl was being intimate with him , blood everwhere, all up the walls, like The Shining..

so just be carful down there, if you ever find yourself in that position

You could always wear a fake chin ala Marcel Wave

"Ello mah liddle chickadees"

MarcelWave.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back