Lip Piercings (1 Viewer)

I got mine a few years ago. I thik it took about 3 months to heal properly. I wore it for about 2 years. I could take it out fine when in work and it didnt close up.

Still have a scar from it and its been out for about 3 or 4 years now though. i guess it will fade over time.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Anyone here got them? How long do they usually take to heal? I am considering getting it done but need to get it done before I go back to school so I have time to let it heal properly.

i got it done a few years ago. it was the most excruciatingly painful thing.... for a bout 3 seconds. then my lip was bit swollen fora week. even 2 years later when i took out the thingy it would heal and seal over in less than a few hours and id have to 're-pierce' myself by pushing it through and breaking my own scarred skin. nice.

had to get rid of it in the end coz my gums under my front lower teeth were getting worn away and if i didnt stop wearing the piercing id lose teeth. not so nice

Wow. I've had mine out for months but i can still stick a ring in no problem. And i didn't find it sore at all - try getting your nipples pierced. Ouch!! Know what you mean about the teeth though, made shite of mine.

Get one of these.
surma5.jpg

No but seriously... those side lip ones are cute... like this one.

r_lip_pierce.jpg

And now for a little scare-mongering...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4429298.stm

RSJ said:
Wow. I've had mine out for months but i can still stick a ring in no problem. And i didn't find it sore at all - try getting your nipples pierced. Ouch!! Know what you mean about the teeth though, made shite of mine.

I second the nipple comment although some people don't find it too bad. I guess me and RSJ have sensitive nipples and we're secretly telling the girls were to go for a bit of foreplay...

guys' nipples are apparently usually more sensitive than girls' for some reason. my ear piercing hurt about a million times more than any of my other piercings. they all ended in tears anyway. or abscesses.

Politapill said:
I second the nipple comment although some people don't find it too bad. I guess me and RSJ have sensitive nipples and we're secretly telling the girls were to go for a bit of foreplay...

nipple piercings are considerable more painful and tricky to heal for men. they take the longest out of all piercings to heal, often up to and sometimes over six months.

any kind of piercings around the mouth area are relatively painless (when done correctly of course) and easy to heal, though attention and care must be taken.

Brian Conniffe said:
yep. oddly enough, its because the nerve endings in the male nipple arent as well developed as in the female.
i was told it's because ours are designed to be bitten on by babies and the like. still, anyone trying to bite my nips can fuck off

RSJ said:

yeah, got kind of freaked out when my gums seemed to dissappear and teeth seemed 'longer'

ponderosa said:
No but seriously... those side lip ones are cute... like this one.

r_lip_pierce.jpg

no theyre not. theyre stupid

Ciaran Mackle said:
Yeh I've been waiting until I got a job this summer before I thought of getting it done. I just got a job this week so I suppose if I get it done I doubt they can tell me to get it out or fire me for it.

i wouldn't bet on that.

i have a labret piercing and it's one of the least painful i've had done, and it healed really fast and has never been any trouble.

the only thing is, if you're planning on taking it out every day for school, it's a real pain. all that contact is going to increase the chance of infection, irritate the piercing and i can't imagine it's great for the old gum/teeth damage.

if you do decide to do it, make sure you've got either a captive bead ring (the ring with a dimpled ball in the gap) or internally threaded jewellery - dragging external threads through the piercing all the time is no fun. i'm doing it every day at the moment but it's only until the end of the summer, and it's making me want to just ditch the piercing.

Brian Conniffe said:
yep. oddly enough, its because the nerve endings in the male nipple arent as well developed as in the female.
saying that though one of my friends who's 17 strongely recommended i don't get it till i'm 18 because your breasts are still developing and changing. she had to take hers out a month ago because it had became really painful, and she'd had it done for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back