Lily Allen (3 Viewers)

I look at her and see a mix of that Kerry girl that speaks gibberish and Jade. It's hard to get beyond that...I wouldn't know a song was hers unless someone told me. I don't own a radio.

Edit: Does she actually write her own songs?

I look at her and see a mix of that Kerry girl that speaks gibberish and Jade. It's hard to get beyond that...I wouldn't know a song was hers unless someone told me. I don't own a radio.

Edit: Does she actually write her own songs?

She writes the lyrics but no one seems to know about the music - I doubt it as she doesn't play any instruments etc. She presumably has some input, it could be the case though that the company has backing tracks and she just puts the lyrics to them, and then they tweak the tracks a bit, like a lot of pop songs. (I could be wrong though, please prove me so if you have the info)

Someone* once said about Lily, 'Guys fancy her because they know she'd have sex with them', which is a bit cruel. !ninjaaaa

*ahem.

She writes the lyrics but no one seems to know about the music - I doubt it as she doesn't play any instruments etc. She presumably has some input, it could be the case though that the company has backing tracks and she just puts the lyrics to them, and then they tweak the tracks a bit, like a lot of pop songs. (I could be wrong though, please prove me so if you have the info)

Someone* once said about Lily, 'Guys fancy her because they know she'd have sex with them', which is a bit cruel. !ninjaaaa

*ahem.

Lily Allen would have sex with me. Yayaya. .|..|

I'm a BIG fan of her debut lp.Not mad about the folly up.S'not bad like,just did'nt rock me as hard as the first.

So,now you know.She's cool.

But,d'yknow what.It really pisses me off that people go on about a musicians/singers looks,as if they use their visage to create music.It's just suckers buying into the Simon Cowell'ised version of the world.
I should know.I get a LOT of people who only like my music because they find me sexually attractive and I find it not only insulting to my intellect but degrading to boot.
I'm sick of being treated like a piece of meat.Love me for what I do,not what you'd like me to do to you.

But,d'yknow what.It really pisses me off that people go on about a musicians/singers looks,as if they use their visage to create music.It's just suckers buying into the Simon Cowell'ised version of the world.
I should know.I get a LOT of people who only like my music because they find me sexually attractive and I find it not only insulting to my intellect but degrading to boot.
I'm sick of being treated like a piece of meat.Love me for what I do.Not what you'd like me to do to you.

it's pop music. Remove the sex and it's rubbish.

People are always gonna be judged on their looks if they're in the public eye, whether we like it or not - women tend to come in for the worst of it, but dudes get it too, especially if they don't fit the mold.
It's more of an issue with pop music, as it's so celebrity orientated. With indie it's a secondary concern for most people.

It isn't a huge surprise that the singer of one of indie rock's biggest bands was anorexic. What is surprising is that he's admitted it. Maintaining a skinny frame is the elephant in the room of indie.

Unless you're (insert fatso rocker's name here).Then you're the elephant in the room.

Thats my own work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back