Leaving Cert Nostalgia (1 Viewer)

I had no appreciation of education for it's own sake until more recent times. I'm appalled at myself for wasting such good opportunities.

yep hear you there: i left school with nearly fluent spoken irish, and now Id struggle to cur dha focail le cheile.
likewise with maths/engineering in college.

I can't do the simplest sums any more. It's shameful.

I cruised through school doing well in exams because that's what you were meant to do. I didn't learn anything though.

Never really got learning for its own sake, was good at exams though.
Found a course that required not a huge amount of points that would lead to a job with decent money. Haven't done an exam since.

Never saw a correlation between doing something you liked as a job. Always thought that would make you end up hating the thing you liked.
Jobs are for money. Money is for fun.

Never really got learning for its own sake, was good at exams though.
Found a course that required not a huge amount of points that would lead to a job with decent money. Haven't done an exam since.

Never saw a correlation between doing something you liked as a job. Always thought that would make you end up hating the thing you liked.
Jobs are for money. Money is for fun.

Work for money / rock for sanity.

I'd say they're fuming in Cork
It's usually one of theirs that gets this
Leaving Cert: Castlebar student secures nine A1 grades

Seems like a decent sort. Likes video games and plays music.

Fair play, in fairness

Glynn.jpg
This little fucker had me confused

The 18-year-old, who has completed his studies at St Gerald’s College, Castlebar, with an unbelievable flourish – 925 points if you added all nine subjects – shyly took part in a photoshoot at his school with other classmates who scored highly in the exam.

i got 395 points. my endearing memory of the day being when we got our results at school and the english teacher was there asking us what we got in english and the surprise on her face at my c1 in english honours (she was quite determined that i should drop to pass level)

for me, i only really learned to study by second year in college, before that i think it was a bit of a chancing it.

i got 395 points. my endearing memory of the day being when we got our results at school and the english teacher was there asking us what we got in english and the surprise on her face at my c1 in english honours (she was quite determined that i should drop to pass level)

for me, i only really learned to study by second year in college, before that i think it was a bit of a chancing it.

Dude in our year got forcibly put down into pass History.

Took the Honours paper and aced it. Stuck it in the face of the teacher on results day.

I had an english teacher for the junior cert who taught the wrong syllabus to his leaving cert class*. I presume they must have found out during the mock exams. Who the fuck is Othello?

* Or so rumour has it - so it must be true.

I had an english teacher for the junior cert who taught the wrong syllabus to his leaving cert class*. I presume they must have found out during the mock exams. Who the fuck is Othello?

* Or so rumour has it - so it must be true.

Funny, I was just thinking about that the other day

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back